Custom Fields in My Tasks

Or at least an explanation of why it isnā€™t there yet, and how to achieve a similar workflow.

I would really like to see this feature as well! We use custom fields to keep track of estimated hours for the week, but it doesnā€™t do much good when those hours are spread over multiple projects and we canā€™t see them at a single glance.

We would love to see this feature, too! Now that weā€™ve upgraded to premium, weā€™ve been running into the same issue has the OP. Any status update on if/when this can become a reality?

Really need this feature asap! It was one of the reasons I chose Asana, didnā€™t realise it wasnā€™t possible!

1 Like

Since many of us have a good number of projects - if we canā€™t view custom fields and project:section - the my tasks view is quite limited. Then everyone has to click into each detail to see more about it.

I vote yes please for this feature too!

Hey all,

Even for our team, this would be amazing feature having possibility to prioritise tasks across our 20+ active projects in My Tasks. Thanks Asana for being great. Keep it up!

The ability to have custom fields on tasks within a project is really useful and Iā€™d like to have the same ability when Iā€™m in My Tasks. I keep clicking into individual tasks thinking I can make progress only to realize I need to hold, which is a waste of time. Iā€™d love to see statuses in My Tasks at a glance.

My tasks is populated with tasks from various projects, each one potentially having their own custom fields. You would want to see the fields in the My Tasks view without having to open each one right?

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

2 Likes

I would like the ability to set which custom field/s I want visible in My Tasks. Mainly, I want my custom Status field so I can see whatā€™s in the briefing, in progress, on hold. etc. so I know what I need to action and what I need to follow up or hold off on without opening up a task to check its status.

3 Likes

I really dislike the fact that custom fields canā€™t be added to the My Task section. I have some fields that work much better for the team by using the columns to set multiple items. Having to click each task, and alter the custom fields in each one is a pain.

Same goes for reports (which Iā€™m assuming My Tasks is just a preprogrammed report). Having columns that show up and moreover total if they have numbers, would really help.

Hi @Francesco_Alessi and thanks for sharing your feedback! I have gone ahead and merged it with Add custom fields to My Tasks to make sure to gather all feedback on one thread!

Iā€™ve added a priority label across all my projectsā€¦ not having the ability to view that in ā€œMy Tasksā€ is very difficult and results in confusion. Would really appreciate the ability to select custom fields to appear ā€œMy Tasksā€

6 Likes

I find it puzzling as to why priorities via custom fields cannot be used in My Tasks. Seems like it would be important to be able to assign priority to tasks that are not part of a project, and to see them when viewing the task list. They do show up for me in the calendar view, but it shouldnā€™t be that difficult to add these two functionalities.

1 Like

+1

Any news on this?

1 Like

Just ran into this. Its frustrating.

My workaround is to multi-home tasks to another project where everyone can see the tasks they are assigned to and the custom fields. Could then use a section called Today so people could drag tasks in that they are working on today.

This would be extremely helpful! Especially since creating a custom field is rendered useless if you cannot see it in all views.

1 Like

Would love to add this feature, so My Tasks can be my home base to view all tasks and their dependent tasks. In my Project view, I canā€™t see the dependent tasks unless I manually add the subtask to my project every single time.

Add me to the list of users in favor of this request.

It would be great to be able to sort tasks by Priority, or by another custom field, across projects in the My Tasks view.

Can we please have this feature! :slight_smile: