CSV importer: import tags

Hi,

It would be great to be able to import tags via CSV as well. Especially since the export function does export them, but the import doesn’t seem to be able to import them.

Thanks!

7 Likes

I absolutely agree…How can we get this on the dev team’s radar?

YES PLEASE!! A big “me too” for this feature request!

Has this been complete? Would love it!!

3 Likes

I would also love this!

1 Like

Hi,
Is there a possibility to import a list of tags (in excel or another file) to asana?
Best regards,

1 Like

Hey @Kivanc_Koza, Michael from the Asana support team here

This is a great question though at the moment it isn’t possible. That said this doesn’t mean that it won’t be possible forever. That’s what our #productfeedback category is for. In fact, there is a post that someone has already made (CSV importer: import tags) to request our team to build this feature out.

I’m going to merge this request into that thread (:point_up:see above! :point_up:) to have your voice heard, though i encourage you to click the vote button above to make it count!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did this ever get done? This would be awesome.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m just starting to use the CSV importer, has anyone figured out a workaround to import tags via CSV?
Thanks

Hi! If there is not a way to currently import tags, is there a way to mass edit so I can add them after they’ve been uploaded?

Hi @Kristen_Park1,

Yes, you can do that. If all of the tasks you need to tag are in the same project, go to that project; multi-select all of the tasks to tag; then in the right-hand detail pane, select Tags from the … menu and you can tag all selected tasks at once.

If they’re not in the same project, you can use Advanced Search to pull up a list of them by some criteria, then multi-select and tag same as above.

Thanks! I worked around it by creating a custom field instead, but good to know!

That works, too!

And you could easily switch back to using the tag if you wanted, by using the Advanced Search technique to find all tasks with a particular value in your custom field, and then tagging all of them at once.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this functionality to the import process!!! We have a pretty comprehensive tagging scheme that is becoming more and more difficult to manage through an import workaround (leveraging custom fields then performing advanced searches). I don’t show the Asana Guide to be updated but it seems as though new items (Task Type and Dependencies) are now being considered for import. Tags are the one thing that is missing to fully replicate what can be manually created. PLEASE make this feature a reality!!!

9 Likes

Has there been any updates on CSV importing tags?

4 Likes

@Michael_A or @Marie… any information on whether this is coming at some point? We’re looking at upgrading some of our departments to Premium but can’t believe the CSV Importer doesn’t allow importing Tags, which could impact our overall upgrading decision.

We desperately need the ability to import tags to a mappable Tag filed.

Tags can be imported, but not in a usable way. There is no delimiter ability for the Asana import.

Happy Monday everybody! I hope you are all OK!

Unfortunately I don’t have any news to share regarding this topic but I’ve escalated a task with your feedback to revise and discuss it internally. Rest ensure that as soon as I get an update, I’ll share it with you here.

Thank you for your patience! Have a nice week!

1 Like

Any chance this has made it to the roadmap yet?

3 Likes