The CSV Import tool appears to have changed from last week. We currently use a CSV file to import all the tasks for a particular project as we set it up. The CSV file contains fields that used to map to the Asana task fields. The new import process:
A) Doesn’t recognize the field “Follower” as mapped to the “Follower” field in Asana – instead it imports it as a new text field. (I attempted to correct the mapping but the Asana field is not offered in the drop down for the mapping)
B) Doesn’t recognize “Tags” as mapped to “Tags” field in Asana – instead it imports it as a new text field. (I attempted to correct the mapping but the Asana field is not offered in the drop down for the mapping)
C) No longer provides the option to “Invite assignee and followers to Asana if they’re not currently a member" – this option allowed us to invite clients to the project as part of assigning the tasks to them.
D) New pop-up window in the lower left corner says it is in the process of importing XX number of tasks and that I can use the project at any time. However, it doesn’t provide any indication on when it is done importing or if the importer has pooped out. Right now I am attempting to upload 40 tasks and only 20 are showing – and those 20 don’t have anyone assigned to them (despite the fact that the CSV contains the correct information).
Steps to reproduce:
- Drop-down next to project name, select Import > CSV
- Drag appropriate CSV file into the window
- Select “Make Changes” to attempt to remap “Follower” and “Tags” but the drop down doesn’t provide those Asana fields any more
- Shake my head and select “Continue to project”
- Pop up appears " importing 40 tasks to PROJECTNAME. You can continue using the project at any time." Wait 10 minutes and only 20 tasks appear with only partial information (missing assignee, follower, tags)
Browser version: Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)