Our new CSV importer is now available! Easily convert CSVs, Excel, Smartsheet, files into Asana projects.
Blog post here: https://asana.com/apps/csv-importer
Before you import your CSV, take the time to quickly consider and adjust these things in your spreadsheet.
- Responsibility: Your column that contains the name of the teammate responsible for the task will be mapped to the assignee field. Note that this needs to be their work email address.
Dates: You can track both due dates and start dates in Asana. In your spreadsheet separate the dates into two columns. Start dates are an Asana Premium feature and if you are not on the premium version your start date column will appear in the description. Please note that dates import as month, date, year format. Date columns will need to be re-formatted before import.
Other Information: In addition to task name, assignee, or due dates, additional columns can be mapped to custom fields (see sub-bullet.) Otherwise additional column information will be listed from top to bottom in the task description field in the order of your columns.
Plus: Custom fields help you categorize and track priorities; you can also sort or search by field. Some good uses for custom fields are priority, project stage, team and estimated time. Custom fields are an Asana Premium feature.
1.Login or sign up for Asana
2. Create a project by clicking the + button in the top bar or select an existing project.
3. Select the project header drop down menu next to your project ‘s name, then Add Tasks via, then choose CSV.
4. Browse for your file or drag into the importer.
5. If your spreadsheet has a header row, click the Use first row as column names checkbox.
6. Map your columns to Task, Task Assignee, and Task Due Date. If you have custom fields you can select and map these now.
7. Start your import!
Once you have imported a spreadsheet into a project, any additional spreadsheet imports to the project will add to, not replace the information you have in the project.
What do you think? Let us know if you have questions.