Create unique task IDs and short URL links - new in Flowsana

Introducing two new Flowsana features…

First, you can now easily create unique task IDs as new tasks are created in a project.

Second, you can easily create short, unique task links (URLs) which represent links to your Asana tasks.

For all of the details, see this forum post:

4 Likes

Hi Phil,

This looks great. Quick question, is it possible to automatically apply the same rule to all new projects that you create on Asana?

We rely on sprints and for each sprint, we create a new project. Having to do this every 2 weeks seems a little time-consuming (I know that you can copy rules from one project to another).

Thanks in advance,
Ervin

Not yet, but this capability is coming. Can’t give you a timeframe but it’s pretty highly-requested…

2 Likes

This seems really great for our team. Is this a rule that you have to create in each project or would the task ID be for your whole workspace?
Are subtasks numbered or can you exlude those?

Both. :wink:

You do have to create the rule in each project - all Flowsana rules, like all Asana rules, are project-based.

Flowsana’s unique IDs are unique across the whole workspace, though.

Also note: although the rule needs to be in each project, Flowsana does have an option which copies all Flowsana rules from one project to another - so you don’t actually have to build the rule from scratch in each project, you can just copy it.

Has anyone went one step further and used Flowsana for Unique ID application for tasks, and then has integrated further with Github? The current GibHub + Asana integration is cumbersome. I cannot find a manner in which the task in Asana gets automatically updated with the status from GitHub. Thanks and looking forward to seeing if there are any solutions to this. The widget showing the status from Github in the Asana task is not automated enough for my team as we still need to manually update the task status.

Alina