Copy Portfolios

Hello, I’d love to submit a feature request to make the ability to copy a portfolio over as a whole - so it would duplicate all of the projects in that portfolio along with their tasks/subtasks, but allow you to assign new project names and a new portfolio name.

16 Likes

I think it would be helpful to duplicate a portfolio when you want to keep all the same portfolio columns, because otherwise you have to manually add them every time you make a new portfolio right? There’s no way to set default columns.

11 Likes

Is it possible to do it yet? So simple

4 Likes

Hi Asana team, could you advise if this feature has been considered? It would be such a useful function for our team.

5 Likes

I could also used this! I need to create new portfolios with the same configuration regularly and it’s a time suck to do this manually.

2 Likes

Same thing in here, I would like to be able to copy portfolios or even save them as a template, to keep the fields at least. Tks.,

5 Likes

This is a basic feature that should be considered as a quick win for Asana.

3 Likes

Have you tried using ditto to do this? I am not super familiar with the program but used it to copy a template from one Asana workspace to another the other day and it was very easy.

What is ditto?

Hey! Welcome to the community! Ditto is a tool that can copy asana projects between workspaces. Check it out here.

Echoing other comments here, my colleague has a Portfolio that I would love to copy and essentially use as a template. Ditto seems to be limited to projects.

1 Like

Asana is there an update here, on the function to copy portfolios?

1 Like

Agreed. Duplicating Portfolios would be a great feature.

1 Like

+1 this is a feature that I think would make moving to Asana a more attractive choice, since according to asana docs, portfolios map to epics in Scrum, and people often want a epic template and not start from scratch.

Any updates on adding this feature?

This would be a helpful feature. Can “Ditto” copy portfolios to the same workspace

I’d like to add my voice to this.
Being able to copy Portofolio’s with all projects and tasks intact would be very helpful!

1 Like

Copie and paste Portafolios would be a genius idea… It would save us a lot of time

I have a custom Dashboard set up in a portfolio which I would love to set up in another portfolio I am setting up, Sadly there is no way to duplicate a portfolio or dashboards

I would also like to duplicate portfolios