convert subtasks to tasks

With subtasks I am able to…

• delete the subtask
  • move the subtask to be under a different task

but I seem unable to move any subtasks to an independent task level. Is this possible and if so how?

For example, I have a Task-ABC that I set as a subtask under Task-MNO (Task-MNO > subtask-ABC(formally Task-ABC). Now I change my mind and want to make subtask-ABC no longer a subtask but back to Task-ABC. There seems no way for me to drag the subtask back to the top layer of tasks. Any one know if this is possible without recreating the task?

Hi @Scott_Hofmann, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Great question! You can convert a subtask to a task by clicking and dragging the subtask you want to convert into the main task list to the left side of the subtask pane :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks @Rebecca_McGrath that was helpful and works for me. This might be worth adding to the help guide under subtasks info (How to Use Asana subtasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide). I’m guessing your directions are the only way to move subtask to task at this time?

If this is the only method, than I would like to suggest adding the ability to toggle open a task in the left pane and allow a user to click and drag dotted handle to the left of the subtask to allow subtask movement outside of a task (currently no drag handle is available from this toggled view - I’m assuming this was intentional). Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.