Connect the due dates of subtasks to the due date of their parent task

Yep, we’d love to be able to use this too.

Want to add a comment that it would be great to match due dates on any tasks in Asana - not just subtasks. Sometimes there are two separate tasks that need to have the same dates.

Hi all
Do we have any solution on this topic?

My school are planning the fall year.
And we are looking for a pm system that let us plan every course efficiently.

So each course have let’s say 20 tasks and these tasks are dependent of the start date of each course. For example one task is “Send course plan to teacher”
This task due date are always 28 days before start date of each different course.

Imagine about 15 courses in 7 classes that follows the same workflow. We really need a automatic template for this kind of work.

Do you have any suggestions for me and my organization?

@Joakim2 the project template with automatic date shifting does this upon creation. The current post is about subtasks and their parent task so I am wondering if your answer is on-topic :thinking:

Such basic feature can be found in many other project management tools such as monday.com which we are switching to, just because of features as this one. All our projects are based on repetition and the only walk around I found was to do a bulk upload in excel. This excel solution is not friendly and many people can’t even do it.
Also in such projects and companies switching subtasks to tasks become a mess and too many tasks in one project which does not work for some companies such as ours.

I would like to know if this is a project in the works or the team has decided that the walk arounds are efficient enough and may not make sense to go down that road?
If any timeline that would also be helpful.

Expected behaviour> Rather dependant tasks move along parent task, or you can select many tasks at the same time and select move date t+10 or whatever number of days needed.

Thanks

Asana does not usually share their roadmap. Hope you find what you are looking for with this other tool.

Is there an update on this feature request?

I use a parent task for artwork approval that requires three different signatories (so these are set as sub-task approvals) – if I were to split them out into three parent tasks of there own I’d have to upload the same artwork 3 times and the signatories wouldn’t be able to see each other’s feedback/queries. At the moment, none of my signatories have due dates for their approvals unless they’re manually inputted.

All I really need is the ability to tie sub-tasks to the due date of the parent task (and change if/when it changes) – any help much appreciated!

1 Like

FYI this is now released as a Flowsana feature - for more info, see:

1 Like