Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Cannot assign tasks to projects.
Steps to reproduce:
From “My Tasks,” I cannot add a task to a project when I:
- Drag and drop tasks to project
- Attempt to add the task to a project by clicking Project > Add to another project (the project does not show up)
- In the mobile app, I can add the same tasks to the desired project without a problem.
- Asana Desktop App for macOS Version 2.0.2 (2.0.2)
- Asana for Safari
What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Upload screenshots below:
Hi @helloandyhihi, thank you for reporting the issue!
I confirm that “Drag and drop tasks to project” in the sidebar no longer works
It’s strange that you can’t find the project by search (typeahead). Is it the same if you try to add to a project from the right task details pane?
If so, I’d recommend reporting from support with your project GID (or URL) so that the team can look in further.
- I have restarted the MacBook Pro.
- I deleted and reinstalled the desktop app
- In addition to Safari, I tried using Asana in Chrome. Same problem.
I’m wondering if this might have something to do with my upgrade to macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Thanks for the suggestion, just reached out to them!
Unfortunately, I cannot add tasks to most projects in any way using the macOS desktop app or in the Safari or Chrome browsers.
As you can see, using typehead search to find the project returns some results. But the desired project is not an option.
However, I have no problem adding tasks to projects in the iOS app.
I’ve contacted support several times. They keep telling me to clear the existing project before trying to assign it to a new project. But the tasks have never been added to any project.
Anything you can think of to help?
Also, please advocate to the product team and foudners to return the “Drag and drop tasks to project” feature.
There are so many things where Asana insists people the product a certain way, which is arrogant incredibly annoying. (For example, I can’t set Asana to automatically assign new tasks to me. And I when I open the app, I can’t stop it from taking over my entire screen (full screen is only option, which requires several steps to adjust it to the size I want on my screen).
In Adobe software, there are often dozens of ways to achieve a desired outcome. They don’t force users to use the product in only one way that some product manager or founder thinks is the right way.
Asana users need a user advocate within the product team.
Thank you for the reply.
I hope you received more detailed support from the team in the meantime.
We have Voice of Customer process to learn the users’ needs, and Product Feedback is the channel to request changes. Please upvote in existing thread Ability to drag and drop tasks in the new sidebar
For the specific feedback:
- I can’t set Asana to automatically assign new tasks to me → We can set up a project-level rule to achieve that
- when I open the app, I can’t stop it from taking over my entire screen → I’m not sure if I understand the problem. Is it about the desktop app? Please open a separate ticket e.g. in Tips and Tricks category with more details (e.g. screenshots) so that we can handle it properly.