Board View: Select where to add new tasks in a section (Top or Bottom of the list os tasks in a section)

When on the board view, I create a new items and would like to move it to the bottom of my task list. I have to drag each of these tasks individually, which is tedious and takes a long time.

Feature Requests:

• Select Multiple
  • Send to Top
  • Send to Bottom
1 Like

A count function for each column would also be nice too.

1 Like

Bumping this up.

A ā€œsend to topā€ and ā€œsend to bottomā€ feature would be ace when in viewing boardsā€¦

Hope you implement this simple but effective feature :slight_smile:

I concur.

Send to bottom / Send to top would be awesome!

I think this could also work well with a ā€œpin to top of columnā€ function that I saw someone else suggest. Then instead of drag and drop, just click an icon to pin and it would jump to the top.

This would really help us, and feels like it would be an easy thing to implement with the existing event handlers for clicking and dragging to specific spots.

We have lists that are getting giant as theyā€™re being broken out into subtasks and larger tasks. It would be great to have this featureā€¦ it would be incredible if we could move them to top/bottom of quarters in the list for rough re-prioritization.

1 Like

Please! Also, being able move whole columns. Trello has had this since forever (e.g. move column to position 6) and itā€™s an absolute nightmare at the moment if you have a big board and need to re-arrange them so that they appear in the right order in the timeline view.

I would love a quick link for any card to ā€œsend to topā€ or ā€œsend to bottomā€ of current column to help with prioritization options

Is it possible to standardise that asana, in board view, drops a new task automatically on the end of a list? Now every new task is placed automatically on top.

Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t do this, @Marcel_Slothouber. Iā€™ve previously spent awhile looking and couldnā€™t see anything in the settings. Itā€™s a minor irritation but an irritation nonetheless.

I think it would be a perfect addition to ā€˜Hacksā€™ in My Profile Settings. What do you think, @Alexis?

1 Like

HI @Marcel_Slothouber - this functionality is not available at this time. However, we appreciate the feedback and weā€™ll keep this in mind.

It would be most helpful if new tasks in board view appeared at the bottom of the list. When planning project, I think in chronological order. So the first task is usually the firs thing that needs to be completed. As I add new tasks, that first task gets pushed to the bottom (and the same problem for all subsequent tasks). This is highly annoying when there are many tasks in a column and I have to spend time re-ordering the tasks in the column so they make logical sense. Please change this functionalitiy (or at least give an option as to where a new task gets placed) before I lose my mind

Adding the same button that is at the top of the column to the bottom of the column would be a simple fix. we have a board for incoming requests and we would like to see them in the order that they came in which means dragging them all the way to the bottom after creating them

Iā€™d like to see this implemented as the default, too.

This is the probably the most annoying thing I have experienced in Asana. Everything else is awesome. We have incoming tasks on a board and everytime I add a new task, I have to drag it down the list of 30 to 40 tasks in a column. Very frustrating and time consuming! Why canā€™t there be an option to add a task at the end of the list?

In asana I have a project which I use as product backlog. This product backlog is displayed in a list view. The user stories are sorted by priority in the list. The most important user stories are always at the top.

For each sprint I create a project in Board View in asana. The first column of the sprint is the Sprint Backlog. I draw the user story from the product backlog into the sprint and it is automatically assigned to the first column, the sprint backlog. So far everything is fine.

If I now drag the other user stories from the product backlog pre-sorted by priority into the sprint, asana sorts the tasks into the top column of the sprint backlog. This is wrong because the sorting from the product backlog is confused. Ideally, the user stories from the product backlog must be inserted below the other user stories.

Is there already a solution how to change this?

The first Column of the Sprint is the Sprint Backlog. When i take Task from the Product Backlog to the Sp

Hi :wave:

Are you referring to this? https://forum.asana.com/t/board-view-new-task-at-the-end-of-a-list/3876

Oh Man, yes! i have the same Problem. Every sprint planning i have a big hussle with the sorting of the Sprint Backlog. I am a Product Owner and my Product Backlog is sorted by the most important user story on the top of my list. If i put the User Story from Product Backlog to Sprint Backlog, always i have the Problem, that the User Storie will sort in on the top instad on the Bottom

Please fix this, all Scrum User will love you - and many other too

Hi @Bastien_Siebman that is exactly what i mean, thanks!

And sad too, because there is no solution yet :pensive: