Board View: Select where to add new tasks in a section (Top or Bottom of the list os tasks in a section)

We prioritize our backlog of dev tickets from top to bottom. When new tasks get added, they appear at the top the project board, making it difficult to keep priorities order.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @yan1 and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I’m merging your post with an existing thread we have on this topic to consolidate feedback. I hope it’s OK.

Have a great day!

Please prioritize this feature/option!

1 Like

Plus one on this feature request. A ridiculous percentage of my time in Asana is spent dragging tasks from the top of the project board to the bottom because all new tasks are automatically added to the top when we move tasks from our backlog project board to our In Progress project board. Very frustrating.

1 Like

I am using kanban view

I want the new task to be added to the end of the list. Now it turns out that the new task will be higher than the old ones and it will be taken to work faster.

Hey @Sergej_Mordvin, welcome to the Asana community forum :wave:

I am afraid currently this feature is not available yet. I recommend to upvote this thread: https://forum.asana.com/t/board-view-new-task-at-the-end-of-a-list/3876

In the meantime a workaround might be to sort the tasks in list view in the order you want them, as this could be a bit faster and then switch back to board view.

Or maybe adding a custom field to organize your tasks further would help?

Thank you, I voted. Unfortunately, the proposed options will not work for me.

Hey Sergej, sorry to hear that custom fields or other workarounds are not ideal for you.

Maybe Time Line view works for you to organize tasks more?

I have also found a few more product feedback requests about the same topic so I asked the community managers to merge so in total there are more votes already :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @Sergej_Mordvin! I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread to consolidate feedback. We don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we will make sure to post news as soon as we have any!

2 Likes

This would be very helpful in list view as well! I am trying to find specific cases, but it looks like requests are being closed without actually being fixed.

How is anyone actually getting anything done if new tasks are added to the top of a section?

Was this ever implemented? They seem to go to the bottom but only after a hard refresh of the page?

Yes, really need this feature!!!

Using sections as queues having newly added things always jump to top of priority is really inconvenient.

Feels like a small-effort, high-value feature!

One more vote for this feature. The column is already prioritized vertically in terms of importance so I would like new tasks to move to the bottom to be sorted at another time.

Send to top/bottom and a default for new tasks is still a very much desired functionality. How can you do scrum if newly added tasks always have a higher priority ?

1 Like