Automation - Rules to create a new project once another project is completed?

Hello! Is there a rule or some sort of automation that would create a new project, once another project is completed?

Example: Our company is an MMS (managed mobility services). We manage wireless devices for businesses. We offer a free audit of your cell phone bills. Once the audit is completed, we schedule a review meeting and then let the company decide if they would like to sign up for our services.

Currently, we have Audit Project boards. If we win a client, then it moves onto the next stage of Implementation and Onboarding. Is there a rule we could add to the Audit board, that if we set a milestone to “Won”, it would create an Onboarding Project for that particular company?

Hi @Andrea_Chaidez, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

There are currently no Rules that would create a new project once another is completed.

I have gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to give you and other community members an option to vote for this feature! :slight_smile:

If there are any updates, I’ll post them on the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Chaidez,

FYI you could accomplish this with my Flowsana integration: it has a rule action to create a new project from a given project template.

So assuming you have a custom field or a tag that represents the “Won” action, you could key off of that as the rule condition (trigger) and use the “create new project” option as the rule action.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Hey Phil! Just subscribed to Flowsana to use this functionality and was wondering if there is a way to have the project created using the due date of the task that prompts it? That way my dates auto-populate per my template project. Hopefully, that makes sense!

Thanks for creating such a great product and helpful tool!

Hi @Chandler_Ferguson!

There isn’t currently a way to do that, but it’s an interesting idea - I’m going to give that one some thought!

2 Likes

That would be a game changer for me! Also submitted a Flowsana support ticket to dig a little deeper. Would love to talk to you more about it!

1 Like

Hi! Yes, we can definitely discuss. I agree with you that it would be a game-changer!

1 Like