Android - Mark Task For - My Tasks

Hi maybe I’m missing something but the rollout of deprecating “Today, Upcoming, Later” appears to have missed the “Mark Task For” drop-down option in Android when you are viewing a task - it still shows “Today, Upcoming, Later” which no longer do anything. That means you have to drag and drop to organize My Tasks which is challenging in the mobile app.

Any suggestions/workarounds appreciated!

Hi @Tom_Simon, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for reaching out! I’ve tested this on our side and can confirm that selecting “Mark Task for: Today, Upcoming or Later” will still move the task to the selected section as expected on Android!

You are correct in saying that the auto-promotion of tasks is currently being redesigned however, with the new My Tasks, you will be able to create rules to replicate the magic of the auto-promotion for Today/Upcoming/Later sections :tada:

I hope this helps!

Hi Rebecca - maybe I’m confused but I no longer have those “Today Upcoming Later” categories in My Tasks. I have the flexible sections as outlined in the new My Tasks link you sent, perhaps because I am a new user. That is my issue. The drop-down in the app still refers to the old categories but I do not have them anymore because of the rollout of the new My Tasks, so the drop-down doesn’t do anything.

@Rebecca_McGrath this is not a solution - see my message below. The version of My Tasks that I have has the new, more flexible sections, therefore the Android app dropdown with the legacy “Today Upcoming Later” is useless. I’m assuming this will be resolved with time, but it’s a little weird, and like I said, hard to categorize tasks on mobile.

Hi @Tom_Simon, thanks for following up here!

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of your My Tasks so I can assess which version of My Tasks you are working from?

Of course you can hide any sensitive information, like Task names, if you wish! I just need to see the layout :slight_smile:

See attached, thanks!

One last question here, @Tom_Simon! Having tested this on my side, the Mark task for button is only showing on the original My Tasks page, not the updated My Tasks page.

To verify that you are working from the new My Tasks update, could you please switch to Board view in My Tasks (by clicking the List dropdown button under the My Tasks heading) and provide a screenshot of this?

Once this is verified, I can escalate the issue! :slight_smile:

@rebecca_mcgrath see attached

Hi @Tom_Simon, thanks for that!

I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Product Team as I suspect it is a bug. I’ll loop back in on this thread as soon as I have an update! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Tom_Simon,

Our Product Team have confirmed that this is indeed a bug and they are working on a fix. I’ll let you know here once the fix is confirmed! :slight_smile:

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

After update to My Tasks v2, and update of the Asana Android app, 1) I don’t see any way to alter a task’s section within My Tasks, and 2) I still have a “Mark for” menu item which is obsolete now. My understanding is that (1) should be possible somehow, and (2) shouldn’t be there any longer, since the apps were supposed to support My Tasks v2 from the outset.

Steps to reproduce:

See above

Browser version:

Android app, latest version as of 5/12/21

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @lpb, thanks for flagging this :slight_smile:

This has been confirmed as a bug by our Product team and they are currently working on a fix. I’ll keep you posted with any updates!

We do also have an existing thread for this bug so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this to keep all reports together :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath,

This thread that you merged my report into is about “Mark Task For” being present, which is (2) in my report.

Is the product team aware of the missing section switcher too:

I see a few posts up that you replied 28d ago on April 15 that a fix was being worked on. When is the fix anticipated? I’m surprised you are continuing to migrate customers to My Tasks v2 while this remains so broken so that we all are forced to experience this when we didn’t have to.

Thanks,

Larry

Apologies for the delay here, @lpb - this one slipped past me!

Can you confirm if you’re still experiencing the missing Section switcher?

Regarding the “Mark Task For” bug, while I have no updates as of yet, I’ve just gone ahead and contacted the team to find out the progress :slight_smile: I’ll let you know once I hear back from them!

1 Like

Yes, in Android 6.74.1 there’s

• no way to move tasks between sections in My Tasks except for DnD
  • Mark Task For is mistakenly still in the menu but has no effect
  • Collapsed state of sections, like Later, is not remembered

Thanks,

Larry