Meet your new My Tasks

Good day. I would like to better understand when this update will be available to paid users. We are looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi @Максим_Больных,

Please find below the latest rollout update for paid users. Stay tuned for more updates!

Hi @Tanner_Wilson,

@Phil_Seeman is correct here, we haven’t planned to introduce an option to archive or mark section complete as part of this update - however you will be able to keep these sections collapsed by default.

I’m really struggling to figure out how to do part of this. Is there going to be a way to do some sort of "if task due date is updated and more than x days away, move to “upcoming/later” section?

It would be cool if you could have simply changing a due date back, trigger it to move to a different section. (There’s the “due date change” trigger, but you’re not always moving a due date back, sometimes you’re moving it forward. I would just want it to trigger if the due date is more than say 3 days from now.

I understand that keyboard shortcuts will be coming at some point in time, but I don’t totally understand what the keyboard shortcuts would even be, unless you can set a custom keyboard shortcut to “move to section”, so you could do like “tab + l” to move it to the “later” section.

Any ideas that people have for managing moving tasks back if the due date gets pushed without having to change the date + section each and every time?

5 Likes

@anon5798578 and @Emily_Roman, I just realized an expected feature doesn’t seem to be in the new My Tasks v2 as it is now. I really hope this is an expected fast-follow. Can you provide any info?

Everyone, if this is important to you, please vote there–thanks!

Thanks,

Larry

4 Likes

HI @lpb, I don’t think this feature was scheduled for the initial launch and I don’t have visibility yet on fast follows, but I’ll make sure to share this feedback with our team to be considered!

1 Like

Me waiting on my My Tasks update
tenor

10 Likes

Exactly!

I had to create a new account, just to try this feature.
Finally, GTD system I dream of.

2 Likes

I’m on the old version and I use the Tab+Y, U, and L a lot. Overall I’m looking forward to the My Tasks changes that my new teammate has, but also very apprehensive that there doesn’t seem to be a replacement for the shortcuts at the moment…

8 Likes

Hi @Marie

In your list it states that existing premium users are onboarded early april but get a notification 2 weeks ahead. But I didn’t get a notification yet. Do you have more information about the rollout?

I caaaaan’t wait to get my new task section

2 Likes

@Silvan, It’s still coming very soon but not publicly published exactly when. I’m in the same boat as you and expect we’ll get the notice soon; you didn’t miss anything!

Larry

giphy

@lpb : thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

maybe April 18th?

2 Likes

This maintenance isn’t related to the new My Tasks roll out @Tim_Jasper, you can learn more about it in https://status.asana.com/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:sob::sob:

Hi @Marie . Are there any plans to allow sections to be hidden?

Without subsections is there any way to timeblock or set priority of tasks within each section? Is there any plan to re-introduce subsections? This would be very useful.

Thanks!

1 Like

@anon31251469 I was also waiting on this for GTD, but did you find a way to only see due/overdue tasks not any future date (besides sorting) ?

Had not gotten any notification, with a 2 week notification, it would be available only in May / late May?

1 Like

@Tim_Jasper we don’t have plans to implement an option to hide sections. However, we recently implemented the option to keep your sections collapsed when saving your project layout by default!

@Kevin_Lim1 we started enabling this feature for existing Free and Premium users. We don’t have a specific date when the new My Tasks will be available to all customers but we will keep this post updated once we have any news! Thanks for your patience!

@Luc_Jutras we don’t have immediate plans to implement subsections but you will be able to divide your My Tasks on different sections, for example: High, Medium and Low and also sort tasks within sections.

1 Like