Advanced Search > Completion=ANY and Due Date Within Next 30 Days

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Saved search with parameters for keywords, assigned to x, completion=incomplete, and due date within 30 days returns valid results.

Changing to completion=ANY returns results from the past. It is not limited to “within next 30 days.”

Steps to reproduce:
Set up a search with the parameters above.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Angie_Canon and thanks fo reaching out!

This is actually an expected behaviour; in Asana tasks that are incomplete and have a due date set in the past are considered as due today, that explains why they’re showing in an Advanced Search for tasks due within the next 30 days!

Hope this helps but please let me know if you have additional questions!

The search results include all completed tasks from the past. I would expect those not to appear if I search completion=ANY and due date within next 30 days. If they are complete, the past due date would exclude it from “next 30 days.”

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Angie_Canon, do any of these completed tasks have a due date set in the future? or in other words, were these completed tasks completed in advance?

If you can, would you mind sharing a screenshot of these results (feel free to block out any private content :slight_smile: )

Thanks again!

The search results include tasks all the way back to 2016.
results=
all completed tasks that match the keyword and assignee
all incomplete tasks that match the keyword, assignee, and “next 30 days”

Parameters

Top of the results list

Bottom of the results list

I see this topic is marked as resolved bug, however I am seeing the same behavior.
Do an advanced search - Completion Any, Due Date with the next 14 days and I am getting results for tasks that have a due date and completion date as far back as 2016. I would expect to see only completed tasks that have a due date within 14 days from today, and incomplete tasks that are overdue or have a due date within 14 days from today.

Hi everyone!

This is just a quick update to let you know our team is rolling out an update to solve this issue. With this update the results in your reports will truly be only tasks with due dates in the future.

If you still see overdue tasks when searching for tasks within the next 30 days or if you have any questions please feel free to create a new thread in the #tipsandtricks category and I’ll be happy to assist you further!

1 Like