Custom reports with a "next X days" filter for due dates used to show overdue tasks as well (until last week). *Please* bring it back.

@Marie - I read all the posts you linked to and I think the issues listed in the first link were fundamentally different from this one. For example, the first post was regarding an actual logic problem.

The way due date reports used to work was actually a really important thing to show overdue tasks. Now they just disappear and there is no way to do a rolling date range that includes overdue tasks, so it’s a major break in the workflow for anybody who relied on it for “what is due now and overdue” type reports.

I’ve trained over 300 people on this type of reporting approach and in the last 36 hours, I’ve been flooded with support requests with current and former clients telling me the reports we built together “suddenly broke and our teams can’t see any of their overdue tasks”. I understand they can create a new report to see what’s overdue, but the setup previously allowed them to see all things that are truly top priority (meaning due in the next X days AND overdue). Creating a range report and updating it every time you use it is super tedious and not practical.

It seems a decision was made based on mismatched feedback from incongruent use cases from a small number of people and it’s now affecting hoards of others who relied heavily on the way it worked before - which made a lot of sense.

I know your job is a tough one, but please communicate the urgency and, in my opinion, the mismatched logic in the development decision they made. In the meantime, I’ll try and calm down my crowd of people.

1 Like