Add text wrapping option in the task list and task headers

This would be a wonderful feature! I’m really in need of it…

yes please.

Just going to add +1 here, I’ve come back to Asana after moving away to click up but something so trivial is causing me so much grief. Hope this or another elegant solution is in the pipeline.

1 Like

Any update on this?? Been a couple of years!

(Well 6 actually)

Lol these forums where they let you submit features and vote on them are a joke. They don’t actually take them into account. They just faking customers out. 6 years…

Welcome, @Jeremy_Hunter,

What you’ve written is untrue. Please see this post to learn more about Asana’s actual process:

That post was written a while ago, but I can attest that several highly-requested, long-standing Product Feedback posts were addressed recently too.

FWIW, some customers’ workflows/desired usage of Asana can be broken by addressing certain requests, and that may contribute to their decision not to implement every one.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Your telling me a text wrap is going to break everyone’s workflows…pshh come on that’s a basic feature buddy.

1 Like

it’s crazy this isn’t a thing.

I’ve just voted on this. Working on my PC with larger monitors is fine, but on a laptop where I need to have two windows docked side by side, this is torturous to not have text wrapping in the List View - because not only can you not see everything when the Details pane is open, but even when the Details pane is closed, if you have a few additional columns displayed (even just 2-3) then you can’t stretch out the task title field to show everything (with a horizontal scrolling). Which means you HAVE to open the Details pane.

Ideally there would be a toggle (which would not break anyone’s workflow) to be able to view tasks in word-wrap, just like subtasks in the Details Pane are word-wrapped.

Something else that would help a little would be to have have a hover tooltip that displays the whole task title.

3 Likes

To provide another use case for task text wrapping - we are increasingly using Asana for a range of management tools (for example, Risk Registers, Decision Registers etc). This has been great for our staff, however we often need to share these with external stakeholders who do not access our Asana environment (and using a public link is not helpful as these projects contain many custom fields). If task text could be wrapped, we could simply take a screen shot of these projects and embed into our reports/presentations, rather than copy/paste the data to re-create in another format.