Add option to specify search criteria for a rule

Instead of rules applying to all tasks in a project, include an option to filter by search criteria, not unlike Advanced Search filters its results set.

This idea was inspired by Asana Milestone Specific Rules and if implemented, Milestone-only could be just one of the criteria; there could be many other useful ones.

Better yet, allow the Search Criteria to specify the Project(s) too, and not be restricted to just one.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @lpb :wave:t5:

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us! Sounds like your request is similar to this one: Rules: Allow "Task Specific" Rules for projects

Please let me know if you agree and I’ll happily consolidate both threads. Friendly reminder to cast your vote :wink:

Thank you Larry!

Hi @Natalia,

I just read the other request closely and I don’t believe they are the same. That request is asking for rules to apply to one specific task, and my request is asking for a flexible mechanism to allow rules to apply to a set of tasks. They are, however, similar in that my request would enable the other request, but perhaps not in the manner that requestor meant–hard to say because it wasn’t clear to me.

Thanks,

Larry

PS Thanks for the vote reminder (whoops!).

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification Larry! We’ll leave them separately then!

Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding my vote to this request.

The rules are great, but being able to add logic to when rules are applied would take it to the next level.

1 Like

Is this basically achieved now with the new rule builder?

I’m afraid not. My request example was Milestones as a criteria which is still not an available condition, and also a much more robust set of conditions.

The new rule builder is a better structure for this, but has not realized the request.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

This would be so great for making sure tasks get handled correctly – sad that it is not implemented yet :confused:

1 Like