Ability to Publicly display a Project online to non-asana members (view only)

Currently, Asana has a “Public” view but it is only Public to the Team (those with Asana accounts on your domain).

I would love to be able to post a Project (board or list view) for public viewing, by anyone online even if they don’t have an Asana account. This way I could give a client a Project to look at with the status of the items we are working on. Or set up a Project for users of our various software applications to see what is in the works and being released soon.

Trello has a feature like this “Public: Anyone on the internet (including Google) can see this board. Only board members can edit”.

Hi @Jason_Quiz and thank you so much for sharing your suggestion with us in the Forum!

Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future! I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this thread if I have an update about it!

This would be extremely useful! I’d had the idea that as a business, we could even offer the public board view to our “top tier” customers, so they could see where we’re at in the pipeline for releasing new products, etc.

I think this would be a killer feature!

Agree!! The ability to share a “view only” could be extremely useful. Taking a screenshot is really not an option for us or expecting members outside our team but within our organization to create an Asana account.

Adding my voice in support of this feature ask. (BTW, this is a common feature in MANY other collaboration systems) All we are asking for is the ability to communicate to stakeholders who have NO NEED to interact with the details.

1 Like

Until/if this feature becomes available in Asana, you could consider the 20 or so flexible PDF outputs created by Asana2Go:

Larry

1 Like

Would love this functionality OR if anyone has any workarounds they’ve developed to share projects/tasks with external (outside of Asana) stakeholders?

Really need this. Asana works great within our team but it is very difficult to share progress with external clients who don’t have the time to learn how to navigate Asana.
At the moment we have to either manually update them on progress or add them as external users which may not work for clients who just want to have a quick on-demand overview without having to watch an intro video on how to use the timeline. I really hope this feature gets implemented!

There is now the public link “read only” option on projects in Asana so anyone external can see the project at an overview. https://help.asana.com/hc/en-us/articles/14217596893595-Read-only-links

Now this feature needs to become mobile friendly. It seems odd that you’re unable to access the public link with a mobile device