Ability to delete Asana-created custom fields

I’ve created a project from a template (Software Implementation) and it brought about creating four custom fields in my workspace’s library. Eventually I will not use this project and I’d like to remove those fields. I can’t find a way todo it.

fields

I have written to Asana’s support, and was encouraged to post this on the Community Forum. Could anyone please help?

The custom fields in your screenshot are created by Asana. Unfortunately there’s no option to remove Asana made custom fields from your library at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you’re interested, you can learn more about how we track feedback, submit your feedback, and join in the conversation in our Community Forum

Hi @Przemek,

As Asana support told you, those are Asana-created custom fields and as such there’s no way to delete them. You’ll have to live with them.

(The part of their message about posting on the forum wasn’t a suggestion that you could get help here with this particular question; it was just a general comment they made letting you know the forum existed for other future questions you might have.)

1 Like

Thanks @Phil_Seeman. Now I see.
The point is I do not want to delete the fields, I just want to remove them form my workspace’s library. I can’t understand why Asana is indirectly promoting clutter in user’s workspace by not giving a tool to remove the custom fields while the template is removed.

I understand totally; unfortunately those two things are the same since you can’t remove a field from the library without deleting it; and you can’t do that for those Asana-created fields.

I can’t, either!

@Przemek,

I checked and I actually can’t find another Product Feedback post with this request - so I renamed the post to better reflect your desire (and I voted for it!). Hopefully others will vote for it as well.

6 Likes

Any news for some options regarding Custom Fields. I have the same problem, I added new Custome Fields and now I don’t use them anymore. How can I delete them from my Library?

Find a project which contains that field (or just add it to a project), go to the Customize menu for that project, hover over the relevant field and click the pencil (Edit) icon. In the resulting window, click the Delete field button.

1 Like