You can now see and action subtasks directly from your Project task list!

Hi @Scott_Wredt, currently it only applies to the 1st level of subtasks!

Hi @Ignacio_Todorovich, this is something we’re aware of and a popular request in the Forum, if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend upvoting Allow to automatically add subtasks to project!

Thank you Marie. How many votes does it need to be implemented? I see the request was made on may 2017 and here we are now, 3 years later, still discussing it. If it is a very popular
request why don’t you implement it?

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Marie, any word on when effort assigned to subtasks will be included in the Workload of a Portfolio that includes that project? Or is this tied to automatically adding subtasks to a project?

2 Likes

Great feature! My team is already using it.

Possible to bring subsub-Tasks also into the Listview in the Future?

2 Likes

Not juste yet @_Flo, but hopefully something we can introduce in the future!

2 Likes

If any filter is used in the project, you cannot see the subtasks.

2 Likes

This is a great feature! Unfortunately, it keeps the same previous cumbersome interaction, as I still need to click on each arrow to see all the sub-tasks. Would be great to have them expanded as default. :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Any idea on when will be the 2nd and 3rd level subtasks be visible without clicking on “expand”?

Not at the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted here once I have more information regarding this topic!

@Marie does the team have a way to run a metric to see how often projects are saved with a default view in which a sort or filter is applied? I’m curious how frequently you’ll find this change to not be visible or available because of this.

I’m running into situations where being able to see the subtasks from the project view would be very beneficial but don’t want to have to undue and filters/sorts to see them. I know @Phil_Seeman and @Jason_Woods mentioned this previous. I’m starting to see the light…

3 Likes

Is it possible to expand the list of subtasks of a subtask?

2 Likes

No, the list view only shows the first level of subtasks.

1 Like

Yes, completely agree. Right now Workload really doesn’t show how busy I am because it doesn’t show all of the subtasks assigned to me. Someone asked me today, “When can you review this blog post”, and I tried to use Workload to figure this out, only to discover that since the vast majority of my tasks on these particular projects are subtasks (I’m an SME editor), it looks like I have nothing going on – which isn’t true at all.

PLEASE add a switch that allows to choose whether to include subtasks (with or without hours) into a Workload view.

1 Like

Thanks for great feature. How can I set auto expand sub tasks?

1 Like

Currently you aren’t able to auto expand sub tasks. When you save your view it also doesn’t take into consideration whether subtasks are expanded or not.

You might upvote this feedback: Ability to expand/contract all subtasks in task list at once

The hope would be that the following feedback, if implemented, would take into consideration which subtasks are expanded: User-level "save layout as default"

2 Likes

HI when I am filtering by assignee I am not seeing tasks that belong to them that are subtasks?

@Steve_Fanale as it currently stands, subtasks are not visible when a project is sorted or filtered.

This is addressed in the following post: Sorting Hides Subtasks in list view which includes a separate post where you can upvote the recommendation to always display subtasks: Display subtasks on List view when project is filtered/sorted

1 Like

Thanks @LEGGO

Surprised to see that this feature has just launched less than a year ago, well needed for any project I think, thanks!

Can you please share when will we be able to see more than 1 level of subtasks in the grid view? Now sure why we have this limit of only 1 level when we can create up to 6 levels of subtasks…

If this is already mentioned somewhere else please let me know, couldn’t find a “roadmap” with that feature in it. Thanks! :slight_smile: