You can now embed attachments in your comments!

This is so exciting! :partying_face:

1 Like

Love it. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hooray!! next: GIPHY!

2 Likes

I use Window snip tool to directly paste images on Asana… I think there is another issue with your system! :frowning:

Nice!, I am using already the new functionality and works perfect . There is a plan to attach images in line with text, by example:
text
text
image1
text text
image2
As you explain, right now the images remain at the bottom of the comment!

Thanks again

1 Like

This answer a question I just made :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Solid update, hope it’s comes out to everyone quickly.

1 Like

Will this also work for Status updates?

Not with this update @Richard_Uruchurtu, but hopefully in the near future!

Hi Carlos, curious, when you paste from the snip tool, what file format does it use?

Nevermind, strangely I tried it again and it now works! I even had my IT department helping me out the other day and they couldn’t get it working either!

1 Like

In PNG format!!

Great!!

This! I know there has been a suggested work around of having a task dedicated to storing attachments, but it would be really great to have an attachments tabs (similar to the progress and conversation tabs) where we can store attachments allowing us to link to them like tasks or projects.

1 Like

Hi @Marie :blush: Is it correct, that if I use the Drag + Drop option it will be attached as usual (as before the update) and only if I use CMD + C and paste it with CMD + V it will be attached in the comment?
I´m using a Mac :slight_smile:
Many thanks in advance :blush:

1 Like

Hi @SylviaW, thanks for reaching out! :slight_smile:

You are right, I just tested this on my test project and I experience the same you mentioned. Thanks for the tip. I’ll make sure to also flag this to our product team.

2 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes!

2 Likes

After almost 3 years of discussion Asana has reported this feature to be implemented. But it is a strange solution and not meeting the requirements. If I want to add multiple images and write something about / between them I still cannot.

The real world scenario for the given example above would like as follows:

User one asks the question:

User two replies from a different device:

Why cant we just add inline image like in every other tool build after the 90s?

1 Like

I don’t understand - you say “all attachments will be listed at the bottom of your comment” but then you give an example where they are not listed at the bottom (listed within the text) - am I missing something?

“you stupid” :rofl: