You can now embed attachments in your comments!

We’ve had our team on Asana for years, hoping to see My Tasks get cleaned up and expecting to see something at today’s announcement videos. As an honest concern, the kind of implementation we see with embedded attachments makes me think that the grand “future of Asana” stuff we see is a very very very far way away. If attaching images takes 3 years, and comes with major flaws like (see the post by SimonSH), how would long would it take to get the kind of smart AI stuff we’re seeing? Let alone a My Tasks with something as simple as custom fields?

@Marie this does not work at all as expected.

1. you have to click the paperclip to invoke this instead of being able to drag into a comment. Dragging an image into a task is common and wasn’t even thinking of using the paperclip.

2. The add text then an image, then more text doesn’t work for me. Even when I put the text in, enter some space, then more text and click back into the space between the sentences to drop the image, the images appear at the bottom of the task update.

Hi @Getz_Pro, this is currently working as expected! This feature doesn’t (yet) support drag and drop and attachments will only appear below your comment (it is not possible to add text below your attachments and more text below these attachments. I’d recommend creating a new #productfeedback to log this feedback).

You post here gave the impression it is.

Sorry I meant “you can’t have…”, just corrected this post to avoid any confusion!

1 Like

Is this currently not available yet to free users? I’m copying-pasting screenshots from the Windows Snipping Tool and it’s still showing up as attachments, not as inline, embedded images.

Hi @Bryce_Peterson, welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!

This feature is currently available to all customers. I recommend you following the steps in this article and if the issue persists, please reach out to our support team.

Hi all, this update is rolled out to all our customers, so I’m closing this announcement. If you have any other questions, please ask them in #tipsandtricks and if you’d like to share your feedback, make sure to log it #productfeedback!