Why can't I add a tag to my task?

Hello everyone, I’m trying to add simple tags to my tasks but having problems. I click on the tag icon (or Tab+T) to add a tag which opens a text box to start typing a tag, but it won’t save any of the text I put in the text box (and it disappears if I click outside the box). To me is seems like a bug. Any advice on setting up tags on a task or is there another page to create tags where I can add them to tasks later? I’ve tried multiple browsers and reset cache etc. Any help would be great :slight_smile:

Did you use the key Enter to validate the tag?

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman is right there, are you clicking the enter key to save yout tag? Also, is this happening with both existing tags and when you try to create new ones?

@Marie I too am having this issue.

I begin with the Tab + T to access, type the name of the new tag and wait for the colour selector to appear.
This does not function properly.

I then hit the enter key to register the tag without a colour and nothing happens.

Do you think you can record your screen so we can have a look?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was using “Enter” to reply but it just vanishes. I haven’t created any tags, is there a particular page where I would do so? I would think I could create them on the fly (like Gmail). Here’s a screen capture:

Thanks @Marie. Yes I am clicking Enter. ACtually I haven’t create any existing tags and wondering if there is a particular page where I would create them or if I can just create them on the fly (see screen capture on my reply to @Bastien_Siebman)

Creation on the fly. When typing you should wait for a creation window to appear, see image. And then press Enter. If you go too fast it does not work.

On your image I can see the beginning of the area that seems hidden behind isn’t it?

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman . Yes exactly now I see the creation window popping up, but then gets hidden behind the text box before I can see/select it. This is in Chrome and I’ve also tried in Explorer with the same issue.

I’m also replicating this issue with tags, both when my project task is public and private. It would be great to know if this is a bug or something isn’t configured correctly.

1 Like

If the window is hidden like @Brad_Doff says, it is definitely a bug! @Marie can you confirm?

Hi @Brad_Doff and @Bastien_Siebman and sorry for the late follow-up! The fact that the window seem to be here but is hidden + the fact I can’t reproduce lead me to think the issue might be browser related. Brad, I know you’ve already tested another browser, but before escalating this issue to our Development Team, would you mind verifying if you can reproduce the issue with an incognito window? If the issue persists in incognito, we’re definitely looking at a bug and I’ll make sure to file a bug so our team can look into it! Thanks for your cooperation and your patience, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Hi @Marie. Thanks for your note. Yes I tried both another browser and incognito windows and the same problem persists, unfortunately. Thanks for helping with this.

So sorry for the late follow-up @Brad_Doff. One more thing, can you confirm which version of Chrome you’re using and what other browser you’ve tried? This would be super useful to help us investigate the issue further.

Again, so sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience!

hi @Marie. Yes, i’m using Chrome’s latest versions: 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) and have also used Microsoft Explorer (11.0.9600.18977). Hope that helps.

Same issue here. I’m using Chrome 66.0.3359.139, and I’ve used Safari to be sure, but I keep facing the same issue. Any solutions?

Thanks for the additional information @Brad_Doff. I have gone ahead and reported the issue to our development team; I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update! Thank you so much fo reporting this issue and for your patience while we investigate the issue. @Hannah_Milnes and @Mayank, I have also added your reports to the bug!

I’m also having the same issue, Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit). Incognito and regular mode.

Hi @Benjamin_Golze and so sorry for the late follow-up, can you confirm if you’re still having the same issue?