New Tags Won't Save?

Hi there!

So I’m really confused. I’m coming back to Asana after quite some time and one thing I remember is the ease of the tags feature. You can simply create a tag then choose the designated color, and it would be add-able to virtually any task within the workspace.

Now it’s not so easy. First I created 5 tags that were all college related on one task, and then when I went to add it to a task, they were nowhere to be found! I even tried a task within that same project.

So I tried again. I made a tag in a different project, chose the color, and then let it sit there to see if Asana just needed to “absorb” the code first. Nope, it didn’t save. I can’t re-add it to another task. And again and again.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

Hi @Brooke_Jackson
I have not come across your exact problem.

However a change was made a while ago that if a Tag was not associated with any tasks it was deleted automatically. So if you not associating the tag with at least 1 task then this might be the cause.

Jason.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jason_Woods :slight_smile: @Brooke_Jackson let us know if you think this is the issue you’re experiencing. If yuo think it may be something else, could you share a quick screencast illustrating the issue? That may be helpful to help us identify what’s not working there. Thank you!

1 Like

@Jason_Woods Was correct, I believe. I kept deleting all the tasks associated to a tag. Bummer that that’s a feature :frowning: at least for me!

@Marie

1 Like

The trick to keep a list of tags “alive” is to create a task “somewhere” holding them all!

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue, though I DO have an active task with a tag associated with it. I’m able to create new tags just not re-use old tags. I’m also able to re-use other types of tags from other users across my company but I’m not able to save. Is this an admin setting? The user experience leaves no indication what’s going on.

1 Like

That’s so weird. No idea, maybe @ambforumleader can help?

Hey @anon72883489,
It might not be saving the tags if you have too much in your cache, try clearing the cache (and restarting the program if you’re on the desktop version).

I don’t know that it will solve your issue but I hope it helps just the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.