Why are images attached to task not showing?

Why are images I attached to tasks not showing?

While out on the construction site I used my iPhone to take pictures of work that needed done. I attach these images to the task. On returning back to the office I found that none of the images attached to the tasks. Nor were they saved in my photos app of the iPhone! Where are those images? Why did they not attach to the tasks? And I would suggest that any images taken wall in arsenal also be duplicated and saved in the photos app!

Hi @Erin_Sparler, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Iā€™m sorry to hear that youā€™ve run into this issue! I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app and testing if images are still not attaching. If not, please let me know and we can look into this further for you!

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I am working in the field with Asana on Iphone, taking photos. They are attached on the Iphone but not on the windows 11 computer. Can you help?

Hello @Michael_Keller,

welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Everything got saved and synced on your iPhone?

Like see this screenshot here: Changes pending sync issue

Does the same show on your end?

I recommend completely closing the app and then opening it again and moving with your finger from top to bottom in the inbox or home.
In case there were pending syncs this should resolve the problem (assuming you are connected to the internet via wifi or mobile data)

If this does not help try deinstalling and installing the Asana app.

Let me know how you go.

Andrea,

Thank you.

In the meantime, I assigned a task to others after taking photos and then I saw the pending sync, sync, etc.

That is when I realized that I must send the task somewhere to get the photos to upload. That is not required if I just create tasks for myself. If I create the task for myself and add pictures but do not ā€˜sendā€™, the task will upload but not the attachment / photo.

Is this a correct view of the situation? And Asana does not say that.

ALSO, I would like my Asana photos (taken directly from the camera TO asana, to be in my photos and in my One Drive.

Any thoughts on this?

image001.png

Yeah basically a task has to exist for files to be uploaded.

Can you clarify what you mean by ā€œin my photosā€ like which application do you mean?

I think to set up more of an automation between OneDrive and Asana youā€™d have to use a tool such as Zapier

1 Like

Where are my photos taken in ASANA back in June, July and August? None of these tasks had collaborators except me.

Does my phone capture the photos taken by the asana app?

So, here I am in September and I cannot find the photos from June, July, and August. Perhaps they were never there after I took them. And they are not in the android or the iPhone nor in the cloud, not anywhere.

IS THIS A FEATURE OF ASANA?

Zapier does not upload photos. This link is not functional.

Hi @Michael_Keller, Iā€™d suggest reaching out to our Support team for help with this. They will be able to look into this further for you :slight_smile: