All previously sent attached files are gone?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I can’t see any of previously sent attached files.
Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

On any task or a specific one? Any info in the audit trail of the task? (above the comments)

Hi, all previous tasks with attached files sent to/from me.
When I test wit a new attachment it’s visible.

I tried login out and cleaning cache etc.
Files are also missing in the mobile app.

I’ll let @Rebecca_McGrath and @Emily_Roman jump in to help!

1 Like

Ugh! This happened over the weekend in our workspace too!

We also have an issue where a bunch of team members are being told they don’t have permission to view certain tasks – even though they are collaborators on those tasks and in some cases the tasks are even assigned to them.

This is basically a complete work stoppage – please help!!

PS – To answer one of the above questions, the attachments seem to be completely gone for every user. Yesterday (Sunday) was the first day this was reported, and I am pretty sure they were still there on Saturday.

Re: the task access issue, which only seems to be related on account of the coincidental timing of two major bugs appearing, this seems to be happening for all or most team members, but not on all tasks. I have not found any rhyme or reason as to why those tasks.

Hi @Leigh4 and @Michael_Magnuson, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and sorry for the trouble here. This issue seems to be related to specific tasks that include attachments, in this case our support team will be in a better position to assist you. They have the tools to see more details about your account setup and help you recover information. You can contact them following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

When you contact them, please share this information to speed up the process:

• URL of the tasks where you used to see attachments and they are no longer available
  • Confirm when the issue started
  • URL of this thread to include extra information about the issue
  • (Optional) Send them screenshots of any errors you are experiencing

@Michael_Magnuson in regards to the issue viewing tasks. Our Product Team is already working to solve it, you can follow updates here → Permission issue - "Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?" - #35

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you Emily. I will follow that task for updates on the task viewing issue.

Re: the attachments, we have already filed a ticket on Sunday with this information, so hopefully we will hear back soon. I will reply to it with a link to this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.