What Asana integrations do you need?

I agree would love Asana to do this with Gmail.

Having more options to clone projects or tasks and rename them via Zapier. For example -

Freshsales → Move deal to Won
Zapier → Clone specific project, rename it to Freshsales deal name

1 Like

Hi Sara,
I have been looking at Asana, Trello, Todoist, and Microsoft todo. I would use as an individual. I have to use Outlook so an Outlook add in would be great like Todoist. This would have all your tasks convenient in the Outlook App. I have looked at Sedona, nice add in but expensive and not the same function as I mentioned above. I would also like to see more segragation on MyTasks with a line and bold header for Today, Tomorrow, Next 7 days, etc. Thanks for allowing input!

Many of the popular todo apps email integration allow for @(Project) and #(tag) to indicate tags and projects in the subject line of email. For Example: Email Subject Call John Doe #Customer @Focus

1 Like

Wow! Thank you all for such great feedback, and for answering the survey. We are heading into another round of product planning next week, and all this information will be invaluable for us.

If you have any other thoughts, don’t hesitate to add them here.

2 Likes

I have a situation where I need to trigger upon the task assignment event. I have searched several different ways of integrating but none allow this. Do you have any suggestions?

i would like Asana Android to be integrated with Harvest like the web version does.

2 Likes

Google:
To be able to sync and schedule specific time. Not all day event.

Zapier:
From what I understand, we can only sync 1 project per zap. This makes it quite useless. If we can sync all projects, not only the specific one., this will open a lot of doors for us.

Todoist:
Well, I believe the integrations mentioned above will benefit most of Asana users. However, this one is only for me.
Since, Asana hasn’t delivered the following top requests, I tend to use Todoist parallel with Asana. It would be nice if these 2 are integrated.

Feature request: show subtasks in lists 1

A better Dashboard for high level overview

1 Like

A good Google Calendar Integration pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An Outlook integration would be very nice.

• add e-mail as tasks
  • flag email = tasks in asana inbox
  • Asana tasks in a sidebar in Outlook

Those kind of things would be super.
Some other platforms already have something like it (Task in a box, wunderlist).

1 Like

@Geert are you familiar with Sendana?

2 Likes

Integration to Tableau is another one on my wish list.

A rock solid 2 way sync with Google Calendar is my biggest pain point remaining. Todoist’s implementation of this is amazing.

1 Like

@Maggie_Reddi is working on it I think!

Hey @Geert - Good news - you can already add email as tasks! Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Sort of interesting that your wish list is to go in reverse? Things going from Asana into Outlook? I think the whole structure of Asana far outperforms anything Outlook has in terms of task management. Is there a specific use case you want it to be for?

1 Like

Hi @Sara thats amazing question.

Asana is amazing, I think the best integration is with basic stuff such as Calendars, Notifications on Mac. Automization of such things would be great.

I found Asana because mac’s Reminders were not enough, then I started with Todoist. Then todoist were not enough, because I couldn’t fill my reminders with notes or links (at least for free). Asana helped. However it would be still great to use Todoist as a notification tool or Reminders.

I hope it will help!
Best

1 Like

Better work with connectors, like Zapier or Automate.

At the moment the triggers are only new tasks, new projects, new comments, new tags.
Nothing about updating.
It would be nice if the trigger could be tasks updated, project updated.

I use Slack to quick Add tasks to Asana. Somehow I don’t see Asanas quick add feature to be quick, I use the /asana it would be helpful if I could add a due date and assign the task to a person on asana from Slack

Me too! +1

1 Like

We really need Asana to better integrate with Gmail. You should be able to create a task within a project and assign it to someone with a date right from within gmail window in chrome! WorkEtc and Mavenlink has had this for ages already…When is Asana planning on doing this?