šŸ”Ž Weā€™re extending the new grid display to the Search view!

Great. Please add other fields selectable:

• date task creation

• date task last modification

• nĀ° comments not by ā€œcurrent userā€

:wink:

2 Likes

Looks like the new layout is being released everywhere slowly :raised_hands:

Any plans on the new listview and board toggle being accessible in the ā€œMy Tasksā€ section? Literally our most-use a day-to-day area of Asana and it feels so outdated. Also quite jarring jumping between it and other projects. Confusing jumping between different UIā€™s.

5 Likes

Hi @abass,

Our team is working on several updates for My Tasks, so keep an eye on this space for future updates :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is nice. It would be powerful if it was possible to add different custom fields to the layout for sorting. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Marie,

Is it going to be possible to customize the columns in these views, including My Tasks, like you can now in List View? Iā€™m new, and I read a lot of advice to use Custom Fields instead of Tags where possible, so Iā€™d really like to be able to rearrange the columns in Search Results, My Tasks, and elsewhere - like I can already do in List View - to optimize those views, too!

Thanks, and thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hi @OT160,

This view is currently available for Search results, but not for My Tasks. Weā€™re working on My Tasks updates, so make sure to keep an eye on this category for future updates!

Currently you can sort your search results by Assignee, Due Date, Project, Last Modified, Creation/completion time or Likes:

But it is not possible to re-arrange columns like in a Project view list Iā€™m afraid!

Hope this answers your questions, but let me know if you need additional help!

1 Like

Yes, definitely need to be able to re-arrange the columns either when creating the report (that would be more ideal) or at least after the fact when running it (would be more time-consuming to have to do this each time so ideally in the report creation/saving part).

1 Like

Thanks Marie!

Would also like to mention being able to sort Ascending/Descending, assume this is on your guysā€™ radar too, but intuitively I was thinking that would be there and was surprised to see it missing still!

Thanks again!

Hi @OT160,

With the update we were not aiming to add any additional function, the goal was simply to move the Search view to our new grid style :slight_smile: If you havenā€™t yet, I would recommend adding your vote to Sort by Due Date - ascending or descending option!

Hi Marie, always great to find out from you where the requests are that Iā€™m looking for!

I will vote for that request in that case!

BTW I still donā€™t have this view in my Search Results in my Asana Instance, but I assume itā€™s coming any time?

Thanks again!

Weā€™ve rolled this update out to 100% of our customers last night! If youā€™re still not seeing it on your end, could you please send me by DM a screenshot of what youā€™re seeing? To send me a DM, simply click on my name and select ā€œMessageā€ :slight_smile:

Marie, thanks, I refreshed and I see it now, great!

Sorry to drag out the convo, but I also noticed in this view a sort by ā€œcompletion dateā€. I do not see that in the List view, and for that matter elsewhere across Asana. This is an interesting additionā€¦

I have thought it would be very useful to have a visible ā€œCompeted Dateā€ field on tasks. This goes great with the relatively new features of Timelines and Portfolios, so you can get a good view as a PM of how a team is progressing vs. planned completion dates that are represented in the ā€œdue dateā€ that you put on a project.

I found this thread about editing that date: Editable Completion Date

In order for that to happen though, would there need to be a visible ā€œcompleted dateā€ in the first place?

I could not find a thread about just simply adding ā€œcompleted dateā€ to a taskā€™s details, Iā€™d like to post the request if it doesnā€™t exist.

Also, I thought I could potentially create a ā€œcompleted dateā€ of my own with Custom Fields, until I realized they donā€™t have date formats:

Thanks and sorry again if I went too off topic!

YES! This is the CORE place we need this function.

Hi Mari!

Sorry to bother you, but I still cannot scroll down in my projects view :frowning: Iā€™m using safari on Mac

@Marie any updates on whatā€™s going on with the My Tasks view? Absolutely in love with what your team has done to improve the board view layout for projects. Itā€™s so slick, clean, and nice.

I would absolutely kill to have board-view functionality within the ā€œMy Tasksā€ section. My goodness, using columns for to-do, in progress, backlog, etc.

I am sososo hopeful that a big update comes to My Tasks, anything you could share at all? Itā€™s the last outdated piece of Asana.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Alex

2 Likes

@abass I think you might be pleased to see this post - Upcoming changes coming to My Tasks in Asana! [breaking changes]

5 Likes

@Jerod_Hillard - Omg thank you for linking that! Exactly what I was hoping for :raised_hands::raised_hands: now to cross my fingers and hope Iā€™m one of the early opt-in accounts :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @LEGGO :wink:

1 Like