We're updating our Tag view!

Hello everyone :wave:t3:

We know how much you love using Tags in your Asana projects and we have some exciting news to share with you today!

Just last September, we introduced our new spreadsheet-inspired List view to help you have more clarity when working on your projects and today we’re extending this new display to the Tag view! This means that when clicking onto a tag, you will now see the list of tasks associated with this tag, displayed in a spreadsheet-style view!

We’re still in the process of updating our Guide to reflect this update, so in the meantime, I have attached below a screenshot to show you what the new Tag View looks like!

As usual, we’re rolling out this update gradually; it is currently available to 50% of our customers and will be available to everyone within the next couple of days.

Please feel free to post any question you may have below, and create a new #productfeedback thread if you want to share some feedback! We hope you enjoy this new update and look forward to hearing from your experiences!

Happy Friday!

17 Likes

Our company is ecstatic about this! Only issue I have found is that you can choose the columns in this view or the order of them like you can in the list view of a project. We don’t have “due dates” and for some of our tags, we don’t care about the project that they’re in. Some tags do matter for the project they’re in so we would get more out of this view if we could customize the view per tag. It’s still much better than the old view but for us, there’s a lot of wasted space on the screen because of these issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Marie, since you mention how much we love using tags, I wonder why the button to add tags is buried under ‘More Actions’ instead of dedicated button. I’d love to sacrifice the thumb(like) for that if allowed to because we use tags more than likes.

9 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Leonarce! Have you tried using “Tab +T” to avoid going through the “3 dots” menu?

Will there be a way to rearrange the tags so that we can decide which tags show up first (to the left in the Tags column in your screenshot above)? I may have several tags for a project but want to be able to scan and look for the most important ones, so I want them to show up towards the left and not be buried off the column edge on the right…

2 Likes

Hi @Matt_Jennings1 :wave:t3: I don’t believe this is planned just yet, ut sounds like a perfect opportunity to create a new #productfeedback thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this! Thank you.

1 Like

I second having tags appear automatically, without having to Tab+T or click into a menu! Would also love to be able to choose my tag when I add a new task in Board view without having to go into the details of the task - just like you can with Assignee and Due Date.

3 Likes