View for Tasks where I'm a collaborator (under My Tasks and Projects)

I’d like to offer a few comments on this topic (these are my personal opinions).

When using the advanced search function to specify a collaborator, it displays not only tasks where that person is a collaborator, but also their assigned tasks. A filter to exclude assigned tasks might be useful.

After saving a search to favorites, changing the search criteria removes it from favorites, which makes it inconvenient to search while adjusting conditions. In a normal project, added filters can be reused by saving the view — it would be nice to have similar behavior for saved searches.

In Asana, the relationship between tasks and projects is arbitrary. As a result, individual tasks often end up existing only in someone’s “My Tasks.”

When a task is created and assigned to someone else, the creator is automatically set as a collaborator — but following up on that task’s progress afterward isn’t something search alone handles well.

Asana’s basic design of being teamless and projectless has many advantages, but I think it also creates some unfortunate gaps. In that sense, I’d like to see a function for managing collaborators beyond just search.


Right now, Asana’s biggest focus is undoubtedly AI. Equally important, I think, is expanding adoption into large companies and similar organizations — the recent feature changes do feel geared toward that. That said, since task management is ultimately meant to improve the efficiency of each individual’s work, I hope Asana continues making detailed improvements to features for individual users as well.



This appears to be similar feedback.
Sort/Filter by Collaborator (and not just owner) - English Forum / Product Feedback - Asana Forum

1 Like