Using Asana as a CRM

My team is looking into using Asana as a CRM instead of insightly. Does anyone know if Asana has had any problems with having projects containing 1000+ tasks? My idea is that we have a project that houses all of our contacts/inquiries and uses fields to track marketing data. We could then export the project as a CSV right into our data studio. I just want to make sure Asana isn’t going to have a hard time loading/refreshing projects with huge amounts of tasks like that (it already has a tough time exporting large CSV files into projects).

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @anon29627454 and thank you for reaching out!

I can confirm that there is no limit on the number of tasks you can create per project. Having said that, if your project contains a very high number of tasks there is a chance you might experience some slight performance issues.

Additionally, there is a thread in the Forum regarding CRM: Asana & CRM. You might find some useful ideas and if you are interested, you could share your experience with other members.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I love Asana. But it has only a fraction of functions an expensive CRM has. And it’s not bad as you don’t need it unless you have over 300 clients and hundreds of sales managers. Though I guess if you’re asking that question it would be useful for you to figure how actual CRM work, it helps enormously while working in Asana as well. Here’s a good article How Much Does It Cost to Build a CRM System - Merehead. The title says that the subject is cost. But it’s basically step-to-step explanation of every CRM aspect, function etc. Hope it’ll be helpfull

3 Likes

Considering using Asana for CRM purposes, especially with projects containing over 1000 tasks, might lead to performance issues such as slower loading times and difficulties with exporting large CSV files. It could be beneficial to explore alternatives that provide a trial period to evaluate its ability to handle large datasets and streamline tasks like contact management and marketing data tracking more efficiently.
Testing out SugarCRM trial could give you a clearer idea of whether it meets your specific needs and avoids potential challenges with scalability.

Considering SugarCRM for its robust features and scalability sounds promising. A trial period would indeed be a great way to assess its capabilities with large datasets. Have you had any experience with other CRMs that handle over 1000 tasks?