Asana & CRM

Hi @Rob_Griffin and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. Have a look at the suggestions above :point_up_2:and let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

I’ve been trying, but it’s painful. Asana so much easier to get data in, track with teams. Cloze gives automated 360 view and reminders. I’m leaning towards abandoning cloze and seeing if there is someway I can set up just in asana to work. Would love to know what approach you ended up with?

1 Like

@Michael How are you liking the integration and what’s the cost structure you have set up? Does it mess up a lot or work well regularly. Could you give me an idea of what you’ve integrated? I’m looking to have "workflows (projects) in Asana show up on a specific contact / account. It’s my primary goal to keep all client information in one place, even if I use Asana as my PM system.

We use Asana as our CRM everyday. The only thing keeping it from replacing our traditional CRM software is email. We can discover a way to select multiple contacts (tasks) and send the emails addresses (in a custom field named Email) to our mail client (Gmail) with all the select contact address in the To: line. Not real bulk mailing, just a handful of selected contacts or contacts with the same tags.

The custom email field works perfectly with the Visit Link button, but it’s not available for multiple contacts (tasks). If it was…goodbye CRM software.

5 Likes

I would be all for transitioning to Asana for CRM if I could organize and/or “attach” projects to clients. That would be AMAZING. There is no native way to do that right now, so I end up creating a project for each client to track one-off requests, which is clunky and fails to attach similar projects.

For that reason, I use AirTable for a CRM, and connect revenue/projects/invoicing through links in AirTable. That works flawlessly. Having another tool is not ideal, but its better than trying to adhoc it in Asana.

6 Likes

I’d love to see too!

I’ve been playing around with Asana and so far I love it. Recently I’ve read some posts about people using it for CRM’s. Does anyone here use it for that purpose and willing to share with me?

What I’m looking for is not so much a CRM but a simple contact manager. I want to be able to keep track of my clients information, and the companies they work for. In addition I’d like to be able to add as many notes as I need to every time I have an interaction with a customer. I don’t need it to manage my emails, show me who I haven’t contacted in a while or any analytical stuff a typical CRM does. Is this possible in Asana?

6 Likes

We are using Asana as a CRM but still in the process of trying to find what works for us. We setup a project titled CRM - Contacts and each task is a client. Using custom fields you can set it up to where you can see important info at a glance (in list view).

1 Like

1 Like

If you come up with anything better let me know lol I have been working on this a while.

1 Like

We use it as more of a prospecting funnel not a traditional CRM setup but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just use a really scaled back free CRM solution like HubSpot. It doesn’t need to track emails or give you much of any info that you don’t want to see. Plus with all the integrations that exist or integration tools like Zapier you can automate some things that you’d need.

5 Likes

Hello @Fred_Claus, you may try to manage your business in one place and it is good but you must probably need a better way to handle your CRM operations as @Efa_Mboto said.

There are thousands of tools to manage operations for business and we use and consult ERPNext which has a really strong CRM module. We arrange a meeting to gather the requirements and we present a solution. We also manage software development projects in asana.

You can message me if you need help.

Regards.

1 Like

I’ve gone back and forth on other CRMs because Asana doesn’t offer the reporting I need (revenue) and I rely on Cloze for email prompts and client notes. I would LOVE to be able to integrate the tasks.

2 Likes

Dear Michael, how you organize contacts and accounts in Asana and to start to use Asana also like CRM? What is your advice? Thank you, Tom

1 Like

That depends on what you really need, the number of contacts, accounts, and what “actions” you need (email from Asana for example). If you share your situation we would be able to help you!

1 Like

@Tom_Gavazzi in case you missed it, I provided some direction to your question above on a separate post:

4 Likes

Dear Jerod,

thank you very much for your advice. It looks very creative. I will go thru it in details and if I will have any question I will come back to you.

With kind regards,
Tom

2 Likes

Dear Bastian,

here are the key points why we like to use contacts and accounts in Asana:

to have a data base of them with some tags like in which industries they are, which function they have and seniority status,…
to connect them with the projects, tasks, sales opportunities,…

Best regards,
Tom

I use Trello to organize my own tasks for larger projects with several deliverables. The issue is that each of the other parties (vendors, crm partners, etc.) has their own system. I despise logging into Basecamp, Confluence/Jira, and Active Collab to keep track of stuff. It irritates me. The reason for this is that all of those systems are “heavy” in comparison to Trello.

I now have an account that wants me to use their system to track my time on their projects. I keep track of my time in my systems and send you an invoice. Go ahead and enter that time into your computer.

(Actually, I agreed to do it for a hefty hourly charge, but I don’t have the time to get started right now.)

Is there someone I can talk to about my needs? Possibly do a Screenshare?