Task/activity capture from emails, conversations, documents and meeting notes

Hello,

In many cases, there are tasks and activities that are crafted and communicated over email, in conversations and/or captured in meeting notes, and tasks need to be entered into Asana as tasks for the team.

Wondering if you are facing the same situation and how do you deal with it? Do you create Asana tasks/subtasks manually based on descriptions in those messages/notes? Appreciate sharing your experience, any integration tools that you know that may help, and the best practices that you are using.

Thank you.

@H.m.nezhad,

I usually create what I need in Asana manually to eliminate cruft, add clarity, and reduce size as much as possible–copy/paste/edit, basically.

Sometimes I forward to My Tasks (see profile image menu > My settings > Email forwarding) or to a project (see Project actions menu > Import > Email).

Occasionally I use the Gmail integration. It and other email integrations are found at Asana Apps and Integrations • Asana.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Thank you @lpb, this is helpful.

Forwarding an email is also good, and we tried, it creates one task per email. Here, the issue is there are multiple tasks per email and in the meeting notes, and the goal is to create one task in Asana per action described in the note/email. Wondering if there are AI tools/capabilities for reading/parsing these notes/emails and auto-creating or suggesting tasks in the set of integrations?

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, @H.m.nezhad

Re meeting notes and creating tasks, I offer my clients a project template and task template to handle all aspects of different types of recurring meetings. One feature of it is a way to rapidly capture notes/minutes during the meeting, and also capture actionable tasks that are generated then too. But unlike the notes/minutes, those start as subtasks which can then be assigned out, multi-homed etc. So the problem you describe is corrected at the source with this approach.

Larry