Undo actions

Hi @Jeff_Rizza and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I’ve gone ahead and slightly modified your title so it better reflects your feedback and is more discoverable to other users; hope you don’t mind!

While I’m not sure when this will be prioritised I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

Sounds good. Thanks!

1 Like

Bumping this post. It’s a bit bizarre that this functionality is not available in a premium product. No history of actions, and the limited window of opportunity to undo, is counter-intuitive to how most software works. This lack of a feature is the one thing that stops me short of recommending Asana to everyone.

8 Likes

Can we get an update on when an undo function will be available or an accounting of changes for a task? This is a critical function for team and enterprise PM!!

1 Like

An undo is really needed! I just hid a column in list view and cannot get it back. I’ve used the undo pop-up with tasks, but one did not appear when I hid the column.

Is there another feature to undo this action that I am not aware of?

An undo button would be really helpful! I’ve just lost an hours work!

1 Like

Want Undo button!

1 Like

totally agree. cntrl-Z!

I just lost 3 hours of work because of this!

This is a bit ridiculous but what’s the point of having history tracking for the tasks if I can’t revert back. See Google Docs for Version History for flawless execution. I lost important data (custom fields) and time. Didn’t even cross my mind there’s no way to revert, sadly.

1 Like

how does this software have so many users when they haven’t even added such basic functionality. its mind blowing

There are times when I will have selected a bunch of tasks at once to either de-select them as done, change the due date, or assignee, but then I don’t realize that all of those tasks are still selected and start making other changes, and then I accidentally make changes that impacts all of the tasks and there’s no way to undo

For example:
I had to de-prioritize a project, so I selected all subtasks and removed all due dates from them. I then was trying to re-assign one task to another individual, but I did not realize I still had all of the tasks selected. So I accidentally re-assigned all tasks to that individual. There’s not a way to undo this, so I had to manually go in and re-assign all of the tasks back to the correct individuals.

A simple CNTL-Z would be great to undo these kinds of mistakes

1 Like

Yes! This has happened to me too.

Hi @Grant_Lacey and @anon90173932, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you in the loop if we have any updates on the main thread!

Hello,

The timeline functionality is a great feature which is helping us revising our due dates according to the latest update.
It happens that sometimes, we move a task slightly too much to move it wrongly (e.g. 1 day too much) and with all our dependency system, all the task are moved of 1 day too much.

Would it be possible to have a cancel button that puts back ALL affected tasks? Or else 1 mistake can really be time-consuming to fix.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi @anon870591, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

While there is no undo option to cancel all task changes at this time, we do have an existing feature request for this in the #productfeedback category. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the near future. I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile:

I agree and it happened already I needed that undo reel bad :slight_smile:

Please please add this. The solve isn’t for everything and the task history doesn’t solve the description box if you’re typing away and overwrite something.

1 Like

Has this been addressed yet?

I have just made a boo boo and it has rearranged my whole project. This is several days work. A simple version saved an hour ago would solve the issue, or an Undo option. Is there anything like this?

1 Like

For the love of all workers using Asana, add a delayed undo of at least 30mins, not <5 seconds. Temp it, and simply purge the actions every 30mins to save diskspace. I’ve been in Product/Cust.Success developing SaaS tech for 10 years…this is really not that hard to add to the added value.

2 Likes