Undo actions

Hi @Laura_P,

There’s no explicit undo, but in the Change View menu (top right corner of main tasks pane) you can tick the radio button next to Completed Tasks to see only those, then Sort by Completion Date. Multi-select tasks to mark incomplete (cntrl-click each one, or click the first then shift-click the last) then click the green “Completed” button at the top of the task detail pane to mark them all incomplete.

If spread across many projects, you could do a Search to get them in a list then follow then multi-select and mark incomplete from the search results view.

Hope that helps…

3 Likes

Yes that does help! thanks @lpb!

1 Like

I just used TAB+P to move a task to a project and it has disappeared - no undo box came up. An undo button or something would be very helpful here. I don’t remember what the task was - so I cannot even look it up.

2 Likes

Please Ctr-Z!!!

6 Likes

Please add undo.

5 Likes

accidentally changed a lengthy task to “q” when I was trying to hit “ctrl q” on my keyboard but mistyped. i have no idea what the task was, and no way to undo it.
now i’m worried i’m going to forget something important. please add better undo functionality!

11 Likes

Can you include a photo? I can’t find the “Show Recents and more…” link.

3 Likes

Often multiple tasks re getting selected by accident and getting dragged into another section. We are talking dozens of task being mixed into a new section and no way to undo. Take nearly an hour to correct. Its happened half a dozen times, becoming a deal breaker.

12 Likes

Echoing John above, moving a task to a different section ended up moving all the tasks below it as well with no way to easily undo that action.

8 Likes

I just finished creating a large project with lots of tasks that had start and end dates. Then I converted the tasks to milestones, and realized 10 seconds too late that milestones can’t have start and end dates for some reason, they only have end dates. So then I lost an hour of work :face_with_head_bandage:

6 Likes

Why theres no ctrl+Z or ctrl+Shift+Z for Undo the action? :(((((((((( when you organize and moving the task and project, sometime you made mistake its unavoidable, really from 2017 to 2020 :frowning: there’s still no undo button, I planning propose to my boss changing our project management tools from trello to asana but seeing there’s no an undo button is a big no for me

12 Likes

Please add this!

2 Likes

I duplicated around 15 tasks and about 9 subtasks to a new project. When I went back to the original project to delete them, it also deleted it from the new project. I didn’t know this until far after the 10-second window.

Is there a way to recover these?

2 Likes

PLEASE ADD UNDO OPTION – THANK YOU

5 Likes

CREATE AN UNDO / REDO BUTTON LIKE IN GOOGLE DOCS/SHEETS/ETC

Accidental drag/drops, etc is killing our team trying to figure out what went where and correcting it.

6 Likes

Just been moved to using Asana over MS Project - No undo is utterly mind boggling. The transition without it means I’ve got the old MS Project version out and I’ll keep plugging away on that before this gets basic features.

3 Likes

I see this thread has been going on for 3 years and still no Undo button or CTRL Z - very disappointing as I’ve accidentally overtyped my colleague’s task. Asana, please can you explain why this enhancement has not progressed - it’s clearly needed.

5 Likes

Its a temporary solution until Asana adds an ‘undo’ button… but you can find the ‘Deleted Items’ section on the left side bar under ‘Favorites’ > “Show More” and undelete any accidentally deleted items.

1 Like

This is a critical feature that my team has run into several times. When highlighting several tasks to get a scope of hours, if there is a change made, it affects ALL of the tasks selected. And this could be hundreds of tasks. Our recommendation is to create a keyboard shortcut for “undo”. We see that there is a copy and paste feature, but it is critical to include a cntl+z or cmd+z. Many times if we click away from the highlighted items, we have to go back and update each individual task. PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

It would be really useful to have an “Undo” button that would simply undo any action taken (accidentally deleting a task, changing a field, removing a collaborator, archiving a project, checking off at task as complete, etc.). The current “Pop-up Undo’s” are ok, but sometimes I don’t realize I’ve made a mistake until after the pop-up disappears. It would be best if the proposed undo button could be clicked repeatedly to continuing undoing tasks further back in time, just like most implementations of an undo button.