Unable to Move a project to another workgroup/Team

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
We no logne rhave the Move function to move the proejct from one Team to another

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?

Upload screenshots below:

2 Likes

@Jaro_Necesito,

I think there’s a pretty good chance one or more of these is not true in your case, and all are required:

• You a project member with Project Admin permission
  • You are a member of the source Team
  • You are member of the destination Team

I’ve moved this thread to another category for now.

Thanks,

Larry

Oh, thank you for clarifying. But I’m the Project Admin and also a member for the both of the Team [source and destination].

I also tried it with other projects coming from the source that’s been created way back and it. also doesn’t show me an option that I can move. It did before.

Thanks, @Jaro_Necesito, and sorry for making you go through it again. I’ve moved this thread back to the Report a Bug category.

Any chance you could try the workaround suggested here and report back if that helped? That’s a problem that fixed, though I wonder if it’s rearing its head again (cc /@Vanessa_N)?

Larry

1 Like

I was able to move project by opening ‘Edit project details’. Although the used to be shortcut to move it by dropdown is gone :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for the help, I could use this for now but it would simply help speed up the process if the Move function is back in the dropdown options :smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I can confirm that we’ve made some changed to the project header drop-down, and unfortunately the option to move the project to another team has been removed from there. I’ve made a note of your feedback for the team responsible, and hopefully this can be added back in a future update.

4 Likes

This is very disruptive to our daily use of asana. Why remove a dropdown that was vital to us - this is how we assign projects to our teams. If you were removing it, why and why were we not notified of this change with an explanation of how to still access a way to move projects to other teams. Please let them know we want the dropdown Move to Another Team back!

I still see it in all of several Asana instances I checked. Is this just an A/B test, or a change still rolling out?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

I was about to say the same, @lpb ! It appears to be an A/B test to perhaps ‘declutter’ the project actions dropdown…? The ‘Move to another team’ still appears in some of my clients’ instances but not in mine.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, sorry for the confusion. We are currently in the rollout phase, which is why some spaces still have the option in the drop-down menu. However, this change will reach all spaces soon. Our developers have made this adjustment to pave the way for some improvements that will come in the near future, but I’ve passed your feedback along, and hope they can provide an alternative solution soon.

4 Likes

Definitely need this added back! Right now the current “work-around” is to go into edit project details and change the team there, but only a handful of our teams appear. (I am an admin in all the teams that don’t show up as options). Most of the teams we use don’t show up in this drop-down, so the only workaround I know of doesn’t work even as a temporary solution.

Our entire workflow in Asana starts with a project in one team before it gets passed to the next team. This change is a HUGE disruption as now projects have to be recreated in each team, all the elements for each of the tasks have to re-uploaded to the new project in the next team and we lose all the comments and conversions that happened.

This absolutely puts a wrench in our entire day. Will the new update happen soon, and will it allow users to move a projects to other teams again? Rolling out a huge change like this without a working alternative solution just created a huge roadblock in how this program works.

Hi @Sharon_Steel , welcome to the forum :wave:

The dropdown will show about 5 ‘suggested Teams’, however, you can type the name of the team you are looking for to find it and thus move the project into it.

Thank you, for some reason I didn’t realize you could type in there and assumed it was just a drop-down. I appreciate the response.

1 Like

@Sharon_Steel , glad to help.
I agree it’s not entirely obvious that you can indeed type in that box, since there is no prompt text to ‘type’. You’re not the only one - it has happened to others too!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.