Unable to move a project from one team to another.

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am working with a client who is unable to move a project from one team to another. She is the project owner and the team admin of each of the teams, but is only able to move the project to a few teams.

Another member on her team is able to move the same project to any team within the organization.

Steps to reproduce:
Open a project > edit settings > dropdown to change team.

Browser version:
Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Business

Upload screenshots below:

Project Settings

Settings of team she’s trying to move the project to.

1 Like

Yes I have the same bug, it has been going on for a while. When I create a new project and have to choose a team, only 2 are available. There is definitely something going on.

Hi @Christine_Bolton and @Bastien_Siebman, thanks for flagging this! I can also replicate this behavior on my end, only a few teams appear on the list, but when I type in the name of the desired team, it does became available even if it’s not among the listed teams.

Christine, can you confirm if that’s the case for you?

This might be the expected behavior, but I’ve reached out to our team to clarify and will get back to you once I have updates.

a few “teams” you mean?

Sorry, @Bastien_Siebman, that’s correct, only a few teams, not projects! I’ll edit my comment :slight_smile:

I’ve filed this as a bug so the Developers can take a look and confirm for us.

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_N,

This did work. Thank you. I can’t believe it was so simple! :woman_facepalming:

No worries at all, @Christine_Bolton, I’m checking with the Developers anyway, just to make sure that this is the correct behavior (only a few teams appearing in the drop-down). As soon as I have their reply I’ll inform you :slight_smile:

1 Like

only a few teams? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks again @Bastien_Siebman! Sorry folks, for some reason I had projects stuck in my head that day :sweat_smile:

From what the Developers have discussed so far, it seems to be an issue, and normally, more teams (finally :tada:) should appear in the drop-down. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is indeed fixed for me, thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi everyone! The Developers have completed the fix, so I’ll close this topic for now. If the issue happens again, let me know! Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Experiencing the same! One project we want to move doesn’t have the option to move it anywhere. Even for project admins.

Does it sit in a team you have permissions on?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.