No Option To Move a Project Between Teams (Not a Permissions Issue)

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: We use to be able to move projects between teams by clicking on “Project Actions” (beside the project title), then “edit settings” then we could change the team. “Edit Settings” does not exist as an option for us now.

Steps to reproduce:
Open a project > (This does not exist: edit settings)

Browser version: Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome, @Pippa_Kennard1,

There was a change a few months ago and now you must have Project Admin access in order for “Edit project details” to be included as a menu item. Is there any chance you have explicit or default Editor or Commenter access instead? If so, that would explain it.

Thanks,

Larry

From the screenshot, it seems there is a rendering error with the tabs ribbon which is obscuring the project actions dropdown menu, where the ‘Edit project details’ option would be displayed.

I had a similar issue a few months ago:

1 Like

Hi @lpb. Thanks for the response. I’ve checked again and believe the issue is a rendering error as noted by @Richard_Sather below and reported here. I can see only the very bottom of the “edit project details” dropdown option, it’s mostly hidden. I’m still able to click on it but it’s not very user friendly as I can’t see the text of the option I’m clicking on. In the screenshot example I’ve provided here I am a project admin FYI. Thanks so much.
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.22.41 AM

2 Likes

Glad you and @Richard_Sather realized it’s a rendering issue.

I imagine this will be seen soon after the holidays. In the meantime, is there any chance if you decrease the browser zoom level the menu will all appear? If you haven’t tried the troubleshooting steps, that might be the first thing requested.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, and Happy New Year! @Pippa_Kennard1, if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Larry, let me know and I will escalate the case!

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_N - The issue persists. We are unable to see the “Edit project details” option at all. See screenshot (usually it is the top option). Even when adjusting the browser zoom level (as suggested by lpd). Our permission level is set to “project admin”. If it is a rendering issue could you advise when it can be fixed, or a workaround in the meantime that would allow us to move projects between teams? Thanks so much.
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 7.06.26 PM

1 Like

Hi @Pippa_Kennard1 , thank you for writing back, and sorry for the delay! Just double checking, the issue persists in incognito, right? Is it impacting multiple team members?

Thanks for your reply @Vanessa_N! The issue does not persist in incognito. See screenshot attached. We are able to see “edit project details” in incognito. And yes, it’s affecting multiple team members. In a non-incognito browser we all don’t see the dropdown menu option “edit project details”. What next steps should I take and pass along to our team to get it working again? Appreciate your help.
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.20.51 AM

Thanks for confirming, @Pippa_Kennard1, that’s super helpful! Generally, when an issue doesn’t happen in incognito, and is impacting multiple users, it is possible that there’s a common browser extension causing conflicts with Asana. Can you test this by temporarily disabling the extensions in your browser, please?