Unable to manage a user's tasks despite user sharing their tasks with me

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I requested to manage User 1 through User 10’s My Tasks. Users 1-10 accepted my request via automatic Asana task. I cannot view or move all of the tasks of 7 users, nor view or create sections (“Today”, “Upcoming”, “Later”, etc.) despite them accepting my request to manage tasks.

Steps to reproduce:

On my end:

1. Log into my account
  2. Navigate to the Search bar
  3. Search for a user
  4. View consists only of a list of tasks (no sections)

On Users’ ends:

1. Log into account
  2. Navigate to My Tasks
  3. Click the “Share” button
  4. My name appears within the list of task management preferences

Browser version: Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Kellye_K,

This is actually not a bug but is the design of a revised access system for My Tasks - for details, see:

Specifically, note that you’re no longer able to:

• view or alter the sections within other users’ My Tasks
  • change the order of tasks in My Tasks for that user
2 Likes

Hi Phil! I’m aware of the new membership system for My Tasks. My issue is that despite that 10 of our organization’s users granted me access to manage their My Tasks page, I only see the updated My Tasks management view for 3/10 users.

Hmmm… The new membership system is being rolled out over time - I wonder if those 3 have been updated and the others have not? @Marie or @Emily_Roman, any thoughts? Should @Kellye_K just open a support ticket?

2 Likes

Hi @Phil_Seeman, access to My Tasks should be instant :slight_smile: @Kellye_K, if the issue persists, I would recommend to reach out to support following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

Make sure to provide our team with the email address of folks who shared their My Tasks with you as well as screenshots illustrating the issue. This will help speed up our investigations!

1 Like