If my manager changes my My Tasks sort, I get impacted

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
If my manager changes my My Tasks sort, I get impacted

Steps to reproduce:
Share your My Tasks with your manager. Ask him to check it out, and change the sort (from None to Due Date for example). Now you also see your My Tasks view with that new sort…

@Ambforumleader do you also feel like this is a bug?

I was casually looking at @Julien_RENAUD tasks, and wanted to help with overdue tasks. My change in the sort impacted his view :scream:

This has got to be a bug; it runs directly counter to

Thanks for flagging this, @Bastien_Siebman!

I have been able to reproduce this on my end and it definitely looks like a bug. I’ve gone ahead and raised this with our Product team.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi folks, I have an update from our Product team!

They have confirmed that this is expected behaviour, and not a bug as we initially thought. If a user is not explicitly granted access , they can reorder the My Tasks without changing what the owner of the My Tasks sees.

@Bastien_Siebman, you say that Julien has granted you access to his My Tasks. Once a user is granted access to a My Tasks, they can permanently change the sort function.

I hope this clarifies this functionality!

1 Like

Ohhhh, wow, this is completely the opposite of how I thought it worked! But now that I go back and re-read Zaraida’s announcement post, that is exactly what it says! :man_facepalming:

Now @Rebecca_McGrath my remaining question, though, is: how does someone access someone else’s My Tasks without having been given explicit access?

2 Likes

@Phil_Seeman they just look for the person in the search. They will have access to the tasks but not to the sections. That’s the difference between sharing or not sharing: the sections.

3 Likes

Ah, got it, thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.