Timelines! Want to zoom out further to see years

Timeline View

In project timeline view, when viewing Years – it just shows a year.

Can we get a timeline view of yearS ? Which shows 2-3 years in a single screen. And uses quarterly gridlines rather than months.

Hey @anon1803870 I recommend upvoting this existing thread: Timelines! Want to zoom out further to see years

Thanks @Andrea_Mayer , unfortunately that thread is 4 years old. I found it when searching but it’s not got much focus. Hopefully a new thread will get more attention.

It seems we are quite unique in our use of Asana for portfolio planning and strategic goals. So at the moment we just use Miro and Powerpoint for that high level view.

And here we are another year later and still no progress on this. Kind of shocking. I stopped using Asana a few years ago in part because of this, had heard there’d been progress, but it hasn’t been much and certainly still nowhere near good.

This is a little crazy. 5 years in and we can’t zoom out to see years. PLEASE add this as a feature. I REALLY don’t want to have to replicate our data in Excel or PPoint. The point of having Asana is to show a timeline Gantt chart view. Need to be able to visualize a 5 year roadmap of projects. And the project portfolio view does NOT cut it. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know the option to zoom out Timeline view by Years is already available :slight_smile:

1 Like