Timeline - Schedule Subtasks

I love using Asana. As someone who has had to learn how to manage a team through an entirely online medium I’ve found Asana to be an extremely helpful tool. It eliminates ambiguity, and allows us to have clarity and direction as we progress toward a goal. That being said there is one key improvement that would dramatically improve the product.

As a user I love being able to make an overarching high level task, and through discussions with my team, break this down into Subtasks while remaining in that card, allocating a task owner and timeframe before moving onto the next high level task.

The Problem: All this work is almost useless without being able to see these Subtasks in timeline view. If we could go to our timeline view and see these subtasks “nested” under the overarching tasks Asana would almost be a perfect project management tool.

Asana team. Please listen to your community. Displaying subtasks in the timeline should not require 3rd party plug ins such as Instagantt or weird task duplication by adding the subtask to a project.

17 Likes