this project has too many tasks to be sorted by assignee

In one of our projects, there’s an error message saying ‘this project has too many tasks to be sorted by assignee’. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a limit how many tasks can be in a project?

I have seen some similar things like “this field is used on too many projects, you can’t reorder options” or “this section contains too many tasks to be closed”. I don’t really know the limit, maybe @Rebecca_McGrath can help!

1 Like

Hi @Katerina_Rozmanova, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Unfortunately, we do not support sorting by Assignee if the project has more than 1,000 tasks. Is this the case with your project?

@Julien_RENAUD we talked about this today, but with a multi-select. @Rebecca_McGrath with a multi-select what’s the limitation?

Hey @Bastien_Siebman, could you clarify what you mean when you say “what’s the limitation” with multi-select custom fields?

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath, thanks for confirming, I think this will be the problem in this case

Julien had a similar error “this project can’t be sorted by X”, X being a multi-select field. And I was wondering when do you start to have this issue? Is it when you reach a certain number of tasks? Maybe a certain number of options as well?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.