There is one Asana Task for which I don't see any Created by. Can some one let me know how to track the creator of that Asana Task?

There is one Asana Task for which I don’t see any Created by. Can some one let me know how to track the creator of that Asana Task? It is showing Asana has created that Asana Task.

Hi @anon1041972

Is that task created by an Asana rule that is active? That is what is meant by “Asana has created the task”

I don’t think it is created by Asana Task as Task has specific description in the subject which is not there in Rule.

Are you able to provide screenshots so that I may understand better?

Please block out any sensitive information as well.

Asana can automatically create tasks and assign through a couple of ways:

• Integrating Asana with other tools, such as email or calendar apps, to automatically create tasks from certain types of incoming messages or events
  • Using Asana’s automation feature, called “Rules,” to automatically create tasks based on certain conditions or triggers within the platform, such as when a task is marked as complete or when a due date is approaching.
  • Using Asana’s API to create tasks automatically from other apps or systems.

If you are utilizing any of these options, it is worth looking into.

For example, if you utilize the Outlook integration, Asana can add a specific description to the task from your email.

Welcome, @anon1041972,

Seeing your screenshot below, it’s clear that this is one of several kinds of task the Asana system itself creates, this one for a user who desires access to a task. Other common ones are requests to access a project or a team in Asana.

Larry

Can this feature be turned off? It is confusing to have Asana create tasks for me, especially when I have already created the task myself.

Welcome, @AmandaLee_Aponte,

It depends on the specific task Asana is creating for you. Which one(s) are you talking about? (Screenshots would help.)

Thanks,

Larry