Temporarily mute notifications for all members until a project is completely built

As several discussed in this thread, I am a project manager. I often will copy a project template and assign 20+ tasks to someone as I build out a project.

Even if I assign all tasks at once, they will still receive individual emails for each task.

I would like the ability to temporarily mute notifications altogether OR consolidate the notification to just ONE notification, even if you don’t multi-select and assign all tasks at once:
“You have been added to XYZ project. You are assigned to 24 tasks and added as a collaborator on 12 tasks.”

It would be great to have an “under construction” mode and when the project is live, send out notifications to all members associated with a summary of their upcoming involvement. Associated tasks would not appear in My Tasks until the project is live.

1 Like

Any feedback on this yet? I’ve been looking at this thread for a year now and still don’t see a solution posted. @Ellen_Dapper - have you heard anything?

I use Asana with my small team of consultants. When one of us is setting up a project, we need to consider members’ availability, tasks that have to happen before or after others, etc. I often need to tinker with dates, tasks, and assignees as I’m developing a new project, but I don’t want my team members to get multiple, changing notifications of tasks during the process. I recently experimented with setting up a project in a CSV file first with only assignees’ initials and uploading it, but of course the initials don’t show up in Asana, and I’ll have to manually enter people’s emails when I’m ready to go “live.” It would be great if there could be a way to work out a project on Asana (or even upload it via CSV, with all assignees’ emails) in a draft or mock-up mode, and have a toggle switch or other mechanism to say it’s in “final” or “live” mode to enable notifications when all the kinks are ironed out.

1 Like

Thank you for taking time to share this great feedback with us @Robin_Horner ! I upvoted the idea!

Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future! :smiley:

Have a great weekend Robin! :wave:

Yay! Thank you!

You, too.

Has there been any progress on this feedback? I would find it very useful while setting up projects for my team.

Hi,
Any progress on this? I saw another thread on this topic that dates back to JULY 2017! That’s more than 3 years! This must be something the Asana staff itself has encountered. How do they handle it?

2 Likes

Also looking for an update on this. Thanks.

I’m interested also. We would like to disable assignment emails for a project - not only to project members but also to task collaborators. Sometimes assignments are made to collaborators outside the project who we’re just internally tracking/planning. (Although maybe this particular use case would be better served using a tag or custom field.)

Hi, any progress? Very useful as project manager

Would LOVE a solution here too!

As project owners, we should have total control on email notification.

2 Likes

My team is brand new to Asana and I’m setting up a new project - I have all the tasks built out and now need to assign them and know it is going to clog up everyone’s email box. A solution for this is really needed.

I second this idea. I’ve just started assigning tasks to team members and they’re getting lots of emails. it would be good to have a buildign phase & once done ‘Launch’ your project where it starts notifying team members when required.

This is a big problem - I’m the manager responsible for our Asana rollout, and right when I’m supposed to be drumming up excitement and interest in Asana before it’s live, I’m getting cross and angry people that are upset with all the swamp of notification emails that are getting sent to them as I’m building out our workspace. It’s ridiculous that there isn’t a better solution to this. In addition, turning off the “status updates, messages, and new tasks assigned” settings per project and per member doesn’t stop the flood of email notifications. I thought that was the solution but it didn’t help at all.

Oh my goodness - what a brilliant idea!

I too am a project manager, and my poor team gets overwhelmed with the inbox dump when I create a project.

Especially because there are still manual adjustments that I need to make before they begin their work. But if they start looking through the project, they think things are missing/wrong, not realizing that the project is stull under construction.

Hi! Has there been a solution to this?

Any update here from Asana product team?

Also looking for a solution on this! One of my clients is getting very confused as he thinks my updates are for him when it’s just me settings up a new phase on the board…

Pleaseeeee :point_up: