"TEAMS" Calendar view weekend Default to "ON"

I’ve done many searches but I can’t find a way to force the Calendar view save default to Weekend “on”. Does Asana believe that marketing stops on the weekend? :smiley:

I see treads marketed closed even though many of these requests are for teams as opposed to just projects.

Hello @Mark_Alameel

Welcome to the Asana Forum :wave:

This will do :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Rosario

Fair enough, don’t ask me why I did not see the big TEAMS at the beginning of the title. Sorry about that Mark!

The option seems to be missing there

1 Like

I appreciate the help. It also lets me know the forum is active. :smiley:

1 Like

I deleted my post because my signature was posted. Don’t want it to look like advertising. :smiley:

Hello there. I’m new to a company that utilizes Asana and I very much enjoy using it to track my day-to-day workflow.

Thing is, there is no current way, on the TEAMS Calendar, to set Weekends to “On”. I want to emphasize the word “TEAMS” and it’s respective calendar. I would like to click on my Team and see the calendar appear, complete with weekends, without having to click anything else. Or at least have the option to do this. Yes, I see the toggle for weekends on the individual project calendars, but that is not what I’m seeking. I want to see all the projects and their tasks at once. Weekend tasks are the regular where I work, so an option to have Weekends on all the time for the Teams calendar would greatly facilitate this.

I did my due diligence and searched this forum for a good hour for this specific topic, and while there are multiple threads where this case is brought up, there is never any solution or clarity. I couldn’t help but notice that the majority of these threads were created in 2020 or 2021, and I had the fleeting hope that it must surely be resolved by now. All the threads are locked, with no direct solutions ever provided.

I’d love for this to be addressed soon. It seems like an old problem. And if it’s hard to implement or solve, please attempt to explain it to me why that is the case.

Hello again, I’m reviving this post in hopes that an answer may appear!

Hello. Paul_Joshua_Stirba poses an excellent question. I too have wished that the “TEAMS” calendar could have the Weekends setting set to “ON” when flipping through the asana calendars. I use the “TEAMS” calendar 90% of the time for my use of Asana, and I believe we are not the only two wondering about this technical component. I would greatly appreciate if someone could address this question, even if it is to say “I don’t know” so that this forum post doesn’t remain the the balance. THANK YOU!!!

Welcome, @anon91277327 and @anon29437918,

I’ve merged your posts into an existing one in Product Feedback so that you and others can vote at the top of the thread.

Asana doesn’t publish a roadmap but they review and prioritize requests regularly and describe some of their approach here:

Thanks,

Larry

Hi, I too just want to set it once, across all calendars and tags. We have multiple projects and use tags for a global view, and lists don’t communicate an editorial calendar at a glance.

Considerations for Asana to build out lockable displays:
Serves companies that are 7 day / 365, or that don’t work Mon-Fri only

@lpb Sorry I clicked through but didn’t see the voting opportunity, but I’m new to this forum and thought it would resolve right at the discussion in question. Is there a permalink for that specific item?

@Julia_Schrenkler, click "TEAMS" Calendar view weekend Default to "ON" and vote with the purple button you’ll see there.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi, this feature has not yet been added.
As the others above, I wish it was possible to set Weekends: On as the default in the Team Calendar. I am commenting here to revive this topic.

I’m voting to revive this as well, really hate having to turn weekends on every time I go back to a saved search. (We have many different projects and I have saved an advance search that just shows the items my team needs to see on our “Master Calendar.”) When I look at this saves search, there is no way to save a default view with weekends on. I market concerts and my events are all on weekends and sometimes team members forget that they have to turn weekends on, which leads to a lot of issues!