Save weekend as default view in Calendar view

Our team needs to plan and execute tasks 7 days a week. I sometimes notice employees forgetting to execute a tasks because Saturday and Sunday aren’t visible by default. I can’t seem to find a way to show all 7 days all the time.

1 Like

Hi @Bert_Habets and welcome to the Forum!

Are your referring to the Calendar view? If so, you can easily hide/show weekends following these steps.

Let me know if you were referring to something different or if you have any follow-up questions!

All the best!

Hi Marie,

yes that’s kind of what I mean but not what I want ;-). Now you have to click trough the menu to change the calenderview, but I would like to show the full week at once all the time, so tasks are not forgotten because they are hidden.

Is that possible?

3 Likes

You can save this view as your default view following these steps @Bert_Habets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, when you save the view with weekends shown, it also defaults the “calendar view” for the project, instead of the list view.

I think what we are requesting is having a “list view” as default, and when we click the calendar button, it should show the calendar with weekends visible.

Is this possible?

Thx:)

3 Likes

Apologies for the confusion @Doruk, you’re right, the Save for everyone function will save the calendar as your default page but won’t save the “Show Weekends” view, unfortunately! Hopefully this is something we can fix in future updates! In the meantime, I have moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow other users to vote for this feature, hope that’s ok!

8 Likes

@Marie @Doruk thanks, that’s exactly what I mean. :slight_smile: would be great if possible

3 Likes

I love the different views Asana offers. Although I prefer the list/board view of Asana to be set by default, I do have to go to the Calendar view sometimes. The Calendar view always hides the weekends and I need to click through the Settings → “Show weekends” whenever I want to see weekends in the Calendar view.

I wish you could provide a setting that would let me see the weekends in the Calendar view by default (save the view with the weekends shown) even though the list/board is set as the default view for the Project. This is currently not available in Asana, as one needs to default to the Calendar view to be able to show weekends automatically every time.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Darshan and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread :slight_smile: Make sure to record your vote in this thread by click on the “Vote” button at the top of the page!

1 Like

I am testing Asana to see if our business wants to use the basic version (we are a small team). Given that we are open on weekends it is essential to be able to view weekends in the calendar. Given that feedback going back several years from multiple people have requested this, why no update? Having to go into settings and click “show weekend” each time I toggle to the calendar (rather than being able to set a default view including weekends) is inefficient and we will probably end up going with another calendar. This seems like such a simple thing to fix to improve usability, I can’t understand why it continues to be left this way.

4 Likes

Please make the calendar more flexible. It’s quite silly to assume all users work on the same M-F schedule that The Asana team appears to work on (lucky! jk jk). “Weekend Visibility” should be a team, project or calendar level preference, which can be saved as such - not a view option that resets every visit.

11 Likes

I completely agree with this comment. It is very frustrating to have to do this every time, especially when one is working on a weekend.

5 Likes

I want to keep the team level on calendar with weekends when I click on it; just like we can save layout views on project levels. How do I save it on the team level? The drop down is different for some reason.

Thanks!
E

1 Like

Hi @Erik_Jon_Borgstrom and welcome to the Forum!

There is already an existing thread on this topic in our #productfeedback category so I’ve gonna ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback.

I hope it’s OK. :grinning: Have a great Friday!

2 Likes

I’m with @Erik_Jon_Borgstrom! I would really love it if I could make my team view be the calendar with weekends ON and individually days EXPANDED by default.

3 Likes

Natalia, this is not the same question. This is a question on the project level. I want to know how to save preferences on the team level. Please remove me from this post and keep mine open.

3 Likes

Hi. This is still an issue over a year after the issue was acknowledged. Any update?

6 Likes

Still no update? This is an UI issue that needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

You would think that after a year of comments, that this would be fixed. This is one of the main reasons that we are staying with the free version. I wouldn’t want to pay when they have problems updating something so mundane but important.

2 Likes

How disappointing to see so many people asking for the same thing and 45 votes but no indication that it was ever fixed. For one of our projects, we want to default ot list view but see all seven days when we go to calendar mode.