Team Project Calendar HELP!

We’re a printing company that uses Projects for each Print Order so we’re generating dozens of projects a week. Tasks for each project represent each print item/location in an Order (T-shirt FRONT, T-Shirt BACK for example) and Sub-tasks correspond to the actual tasks that must be completed (order garments, mix inks, print shirt, etc)

We use the Team Project Calendar to guide our morning production meetings and throughout the day. The workflow and color-coding of this setup is perfect and being able to schedule Tasks on different days, while retaining the same color-code makes it easy for us to visually assess where things are at in the production queue.

Our issue is the lack of access to the calendar as we routinely hit the Project threshold (100 or 200 projects i think) that removes the quick Calendar link from the team page. Currently, we have the link to the Calendar saved and just paste the URL any time we navigate away from the page.

My questions are:

1. Why does it even remove the Team Calendar link if it’s still accessible?
  2. Why is there no version of this calendar in the APP version (production floor uses iPads for portability)
  3. Is there a bulk action to either Archive completed project or Move them to a different team?

Any recommendations for revising our workflow are also welcome!

Hi @Adam_Smith, thanks for reaching out!

Both the Android and iOS apps don’t yet feature the full functionality of what is available on the desktop app or browser version of Asana. Our Product team is working hard to add new feature to mobile but for the time being, if you would like to use the full functionality, I would recommend sticking to the desktop or browser version.

It is not possible to bulk archive project or move them to another team, at this time. We do have a feature request for this in our #productfeedback category to feel free to add your vote to this.

Can you provide some more details on what you mean when you say the quick Calendar link is removed? :slight_smile:

Thanks Rebecca!

For the Calendar Link, if I click on our primary Team, I only get sub-options of ‘Overview’ and ‘Messages’ when other team with few projects shows Overview, Messages, & Calendar under the team name. I recall seeing something a few years ago stating that the Calendar button disappears when we cross a certain number of projects due to some sort of capacity issue. I assume this has yet to be resolved, correct?

The Team Calendar view is what we use 90% of the time so access to it is our primary concern.

Any other work arounds you see that may fit? I’m admittedly a novice level Asana user so any help is appreciated!

Here are some screenshots for reference:
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.54.48 AM
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.54.42 AM

Thanks for clarifying this, @Adam_Smith!

For performance reasons, Team Calendars are only available for Teams that have 100 or less projects. Once you exceed the 100 project limit, the Team Calendar option will no longer be available.

As a workaround, create a new Team: How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. You can move projects from the current Team to this new Team you just created. Move them until the Team Calendar option reappears for the current Team.

I’d also suggest creating a thread in #productfeedback to request an update to this feature :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!