Tasks aren't being imported in my project with new CSV importer

I am trying to import a CSV into a new project using the new importer and once I have clicked ‘go to my project’ I get a bubble appear letting me know how many rows are being ‘imported’ but nothing ever actually appears. I have used different browsers and deleted all history and cookies but still no import? HELP!

So sorry for the trouble @Jessie_Tomkins.

Would you be able to record a screencast to help us visualize what happens? If so, Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Hi @Marie,

Thanks for your prompt response. I can’t get the video screencast to work on my work computer.

I have included below a screenshot of where I am at. I have been trying for three days now and no progress… any help will be wonderful.

Hi @Jessie_Tomkins and thanks for the follow-up.

I just took a look at your project in our system and from what I can see it is indeed empty. Would you mind taking screenshots of all set you follow to import your data in Asana to help me investigate this further? I look forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,

Here you go:

No change when I go through the process yet again sadly.

It would be great to have this solved ASAP as I am now over a week behind schedule.

Thanks Marie!

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @Jessie_Tomkins, I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our Product team to investigate. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update or if we need additional info from you! Thanks for your patience and cooperation, we really appreciate it!

Any updates Marie?

I have now been unable to upload a new project for almost a month. This is hampering my progress on my project.

Would be great to know when I will be able to upload a CSV again successfully and continue.

Hi @Jessie_Tomkins,

We’ve received other similar reports, and our team is currently investigating. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update at the moment, but I’m following this task and will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update! So sorry for the trouble here!

Hi Marie,

Any update on this issue? It has been over a month since this issue first occurred.

My team and I will be looking at leaving the Asana platform if this isn’t sorted soon as we are unable to create our projects any other way as the template option does not work for us to recreate our very detailed projects year to year.

I have my fingers crossed there is a solution shortly.

I’ve just pinged the bug I filed on your behalf to ask for an update @Jessie_Tomkins, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

1 Like

@Jessie_Tomkins, in order to help us with our investigations could you try the two following things?

1. Could you check if your colleagues (in the same Org) are having the same issue, or if you’re the only one impacted?

2. Could you also check if this is happening when you try to use another CSV file?

Looking forward to your reply, and thank you so much for your help, we really appreciate it!

Thanks for following up Marie.

1. Yes we are all having the same issue.

2. It is happening for all CSV files.

The issue happened when the switch over to the new Asana happened recently. I uploaded a CSV successfully the day before the switch happened and then when I went to import the next project the next day I was unable to.

1 Like

Thanks @Jessie_Tomkins, I’ve passed this info to our team and will be in touch as soon as I hear from them. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hello - we are also having the same issue. We have well over 5,000+ tasks that need to import and we cannot do this manually. We are having exactly the same issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report @Brandon_Steiger, any chance you could DM me a screencast? If so, here are a few recommendations:

To send me a DM, simply click on my name above this message and select “Message”

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Thanks for your help!

Happy Monday @Marie!

Any updates? Now at month and a half of waiting for this to be fixed.